Using Anti-Malware from CD or Flash Drive?

Hello there.

I am trying to rid my laptop of the Antivirus Live program.

I do not have admin rights to the computer (it is a work laptop), so I am not able to install programmes on the C:drive. I have gotten into Safe mode, so for now the virus is not actively running.

Can you run Anti-Malware from a CD/Flash Drive? I have copied the files onto a Flash drive, but when I try and launch them from the Flash drive, I get a run error. Since I am not able to actually install the program onto the C:Drive, am I not able to run scans at all?

Any help would be great

Thanks

• Root Admin
Hello there.

I am trying to rid my laptop of the Antivirus Live program.

I do not have admin rights to the computer (it is a work laptop)

I'm sorry but if you don't have Admin rights then there is nothing you can do to remove it. You MUST have Admin rights to remove it. Please contact your internal IT support department and they should be able to assist you.

I'm sorry but if you don't have Admin rights then there is nothing you can do to remove it. You MUST have Admin rights to remove it. Please contact your internal IT support department and they should be able to assist you.

Thanks very much for the quick reply. I figured it might be as such, but was hoping to avoid having to sheepishly admit to our IT area that I've gotten a virus.

• Root Admin

Well very unlikely that you have a bad one if you don't have admin rights unless some old software or plugin that is running under the system account was compromised. However your IT department should be able to get you fixed up.

Cheers and have a great Holiday Season.