utorrent.com blacklisted

centralkong

Hi there,

Today I got a MBAM IP protection popup when I tried to access the site utorrent.com (a P2P application).

According to hpHosts, a whole bunch of utorrent.com domains are EMD (engaged in malware distribution).

I was wondering if this has anything to do with the Ask toolbar bundled with the software :)

Thanks in advance!

P/S: If so, why is also the forum :) blocked?

The IP range itself, is blocked due to the sheer amount of malicious content within it, and the owners (Secured Private Network) both failing to respond to abuse reports and failing to remove the malicious content.

/edit

Just an update, I'm running through those living within this range to see which are still present, which have moved and which are dead (looks like SPN either have taken action and simply didn't bother to tell anyone, or their customers have moved elsewhere as a few are showing in different ranges now). Based on results so far, there's few enough to warrant removal of their ranges.