trying to rid trend from registry

T.Durden

Welcome T.Durden -

This link takes you to a page with uninstallers listed alphabetically so Trend is towards the bottom -

You can safely use any of these tools - ;)

http://uninstallers.blogspot.com/2009/10/1...-your-anti.html

those are the ones i used to uninstall the regular program.i downloaded the highjack this seperate to find out it wasnt compatible with the 64bit system i run.should i just re run one of those?thanks for the welcome and the fast response though

I've messaged someone for you, T.Durden, that might be able to help next time he has some time :(

Also, please use the add-reply button at the bottom of the page or erase what the person before you said when you are replying to someone, thank you ;)

Just address people like this:

@ username

username:

You're welcome T. Durden ;)

and please, whatever you do, DON'T USE ANY REGISTRY cleaning features of CCleaner or any other products you might have unless you know very well what you are doing.

Thanks, I love it too! I love quotes from Plato, Aristotle, Socrates, and others.

@mountaintree.

yeah my gf gave me a book called a quotationary for my birthday.its the size of a dictionary lol.has everything and anything from everybody in it.yeah i just restored my system and wont wont mess with anything for now.its not hurting anything really.well thanks for the help.staples does a free tune up and scan but they keep the pc for up to 2 weeks.may be worth it though.everything is reinstalled as far as drives and the os.I'm sure its fine.just need to have someone clear out the registry if needed.

@ T. Durden

Whoa whoa.

Stop there. You probably still have something lurking/are infected then. I missed that some viruses had been let thru (my last reply to you before this one it was very late/early morning and I wasn't seeing everything I guess).

Please read & do the following.

Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

And also, since you did a system restore, you may have just re-infected yourself from an infected restore point :) Please stop trying to fix your system yourself just so you don't risk infecting yourself more and do what I advised above. Although, I would recommend updating and running Malwarebytes again and remove whatevers found. Are you saying also that you have NO anti-virus currently? This is not good if that is the case. You need to have one.

If you don't have one, a great free one is Avira, which you can download here.

Note: clicking link will lead to .exe download of Avira.

(P.S) Since you are still likely infected, the person I messaged is unable to help you at this time (He is not authorized yet to work with infected users). And I can't help you any further than this either - I hadn't realized that you were infected or likely infected, and I apologize for overlooking that.

Good luck! :( And about the quotationary - that's so awesome!! If you wouldn't mind PMing me the title and author, I'd like to look into buying it myself :(

@ T. Durden

Whoa whoa.

Stop there. You probably still have something lurking/are infected then. I missed that some viruses had been let thru (my last reply to you before this one it was very late/early morning and I wasn't seeing everything I guess).

Please read & do the following.

Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

And also, since you did a system restore, you may have just re-infected yourself from an infected restore point ;) Please stop trying to fix your system yourself just so you don't risk infecting yourself more and do what I advised above. Although, I would recommend updating and running Malwarebytes again and remove whatevers found. Are you saying also that you have NO anti-virus currently? This is not good if that is the case. You need to have one.

If you don't have one, a great free one is Avira, which you can download here.

Note: clicking link will lead to .exe download of Avira.

(P.S) Since you are still likely infected, the person I messaged is unable to help you at this time (He is not authorized yet to work with infected users). And I can't help you any further than this either - I hadn't realized that you were infected or likely infected, and I apologize for overlooking that.

Good luck! ;) And about the quotationary - that's so awesome!! If you wouldn't mind PMing me the title and author, I'd like to look into buying it myself ^_^

No i have a AV program running and it hasnt found anything.I was walked through the reinstall by dell and the checked to make sure it was clean.I'm so tired of working on this computer and paying other all the time.i dont understand where the malware would come from.i havent used the pc that much and it was to send out some emails and look up a phone #.