Recovering from errors helpfully

I clicked on update and got an error code of "732(0,0) - please report this to Malwarebytes"

What had actually happened was that I had lost my internet connection, which I managed to identify myself. I then decided to post in the forum, went through the process of registration, and found there was a FAQ that explained the error code.

What would have been more helpful would have been if the error message had a text explanation with it, rather than just saying "please report this to Malwarebytes" (or even include a pointer to the FAQ). I'm sure there are plenty of people more inexperienced than I am, who would have had to spend ages trying to find out what was wrong, not to mention giving the support people at MBAM extra work.

Just a suggestion to make this fantastic program even better.

Ruth

• 2 weeks later...

The help file does not contain all of the possible fixes for the different error codes, and is really just an explanation of what they mean.

The reason the error codes say to report them is so that people will actually seek out help with the issues from our technical support. :D

Actually I have since also learned that the help information online may be more updated than the Malwarebytes help file

So there's another reason to go online

As for why it doesn't just give a short description of the issue, well that's like all error codes, even MS use error codes without much extra help until you start downloading their diagnostic tools

I do agree with you though, it would be much easier. I suppose some error codes could have many possibilities or a longer definition, and therefore they can't all have a quick short error descriptions. (I could just hear it now, "but I am online" :D )