MBAM AUTOMATIC UPDATE -- Not Working??

• Staff
The MBAM daily automatic update function does not seem to be working. It is set to check each morning at 5 AM.

Do I need to check (change) something?

Thanks.

Hi.

For scheduling to operate, you must first assure your account has administrator rights. Then you must also be sure that the Windows task scheduler service is activated.

To enable the Task Scheduler Service open My Computer, then go to Control Panel, then click 'Performance & Maintenance', finally click 'Administrative Tools'. From there you can access the task scheduler service by clicking the 'Services' icon.

In the Name column, right-click Task Scheduler, and then click Start.

Once you've ensured the service is running, open MBAM and select the 'Protection' tab. There find the first section called 'Scheduling'. You can tick the box labeled 'Check for updates automatically at:', this will enable a drop down menu with times, select which time of the day you'd like to have updates checked for.

Next to that is a box labeled 'Run quick scan automatically at:', same thing as previous, select a time. We don't recommend you do full scans at any time, it's unnecessary and will only take longer.

Then retry your scheduled updates and scans.

• Staff
Mine seems to be working, at least it appears to be since it is checked. What would be nice is to have the option to set automatic updates more frequently, every hour, 2, 3, 4, etc. since the updates are rolled out pretty frequently! I find myself manually updating several times a day.
This is being considered, tho you really only need to update before you scan for the most part.

And yes I know the PM database is also updated and it's always prudent to have the latest. JMHO.

Hi.

For scheduling to operate, you must first assure your account has administrator rights. Then you must also be sure that the Windows task scheduler service is activated.

To enable the Task Scheduler Service open My Computer, then go to Control Panel, then click 'Performance & Maintenance', finally click 'Administrative Tools'. From there you can access the task scheduler service by clicking the 'Services' icon.

In the Name column, right-click Task Scheduler, and then click Start.

Once you've ensured the service is running, open MBAM and select the 'Protection' tab. There find the first section called 'Scheduling'. You can tick the box labeled 'Check for updates automatically at:', this will enable a drop down menu with times, select which time of the day you'd like to have updates checked for.

Next to that is a box labeled 'Run quick scan automatically at:', same thing as previous, select a time. We don't recommend you do full scans at any time, it's unnecessary and will only take longer.

Then retry your scheduled updates and scans.

The service is running. Will see what happens tomorrow. All will be well in the long run! :)

Thank you, I appreciate the help.

The service is running. Will see what happens tomorrow. All will be well in the long run! :(

Thank you, I appreciate the help.

Automatic update and scan worked flawessly this morning. Seems like the "problem" was only in my mind!! :(

Thanks again for all you do.