Avast! GONE CRAZY

Idontknowme

People, Avast! Has GONE LOCO/Crazy/Insane.. the lastest definitions are flagging anything that is written with Delphi ( from what i can tell ) as a virus (Win32: Delf Mzg) and ( Win32:Zbot MKK). I believe it all to be FALSE Positive.

I wanted to see how far it will go... it flagged over 33 files... 2 of which was in my system 32 folder.

Anyone else have this problem??

I've had two f\ps tonite, one for MailWasherPro and one for Vista Start Menu. Reported both.

Avast forums are full of users with f\ps too

I was wondering a system restore should fix this right? I have already restore 2 of my system 32 files. As for the rest a uninstall and reinstall should do the trick

• Staff

From SANS:

We have received a number of reports of Avast Antivirus false positives (Thanks Ken, Don, Luca & others). With a recent update the Avast antivirus product have started identifying legitimate products as containing Win32-Dell-MZG. The Avast forum is awash with some of the products that have been tagged, many of which are known to be good and have been functioning quite normally.

The recommendation at the moment is to not reply delete or quarantine files as this may fry the product they belong to (a few readers are currently reinstalling applications). As far as we know the files are consistently identified as Win32-Dell-MZG so if others pop up there is a fair chance that these are legit.

http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=7681&rss

Attention! Anyone that uses or used Avast! and may have removed files/programs because of the FP's issue, please see sho-dan's post here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...st&p=166669

:)