Adware.Elex.ShrtCln

Hello , 

Malwarebytes detected a lot of threats called Adware.Elex.ShrtCln and the location of this threats that have been quarantined is

C:\Users\monst\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web Data

the types are folders and files 

I have seen a forum that might be similar to this same issue that the threats persist and comes back and it shows that im required to do a sync thing. I just want to make sure I ask the right people before I start making changes to my laptop. Please let me know what to do about this.

mal.png

33 minutes ago, Reaperxo said:

I have seen a forum that might be similar to this same issue that the threats persist and comes back and it shows that im required to do a sync thing. I just want to make sure I ask the right people before I start making changes to my laptop. Please let me know what to do about this.

The following is the guide to fix your issue.

Porthos

The issue with this guide is that after step 7 which is entering my info the( The "Data from Chrome sync" screen will be displayed to show basic information on  what information is being synchronized to the cloud) This does not come up so I cant click reset sync and Im not sure why so if step 8 which is resetting the sync cant be done I cant finish the steps.

9 minutes ago, Reaperxo said:

isnt this going to actually wipe off all my data that is in the cloud?

Yes, that is the point. The online data has to be cleared so that it does not sync back to the computer after Malwarebytes cleans the computer.

After Malwarebytes cleans the computer you can turn sync back on and your now clean profile can resync back to the cloud.