Control Center on Firewall?

Hi:

Tonight I noticed this (A) on my firewall settings ( I do also have AVG installed along with MWB).

I do not recall seeing control center on here before.  Activity Monitor (B) shows two processes.  (C) is the path for the first (the process listed on the firewall) and (D) is the second.

Apple support tells me this is not typical and to reach out to AVG.  They autoreplied that this could take a couple days and I am not wanting to wait.  
The fact that this is on the Firewall is suspicious but I can't tell from the path if this is actually AVG related--I think not.  

Any insights on your end as to what is going on here?

Thanks.

A.png

B.png

C.png

D.png

I hate to say it, but I wouldn't necessarily trust Apple support's word on this. I've seen multiple cases where an Apple support representative gave bad information to people, especially when it comes to security-related topics. They will often fall back on the bad advice of support folks everywhere, who will tell you first and foremost that it's the security software's fault no matter what the problem is.

There is probably nothing wrong here, and it may depend on what modules you have on the Control Center. There are some modules that may require incoming connections, such as the AirDrop module. Try setting the firewall to block incoming connections for Control Center and see what, if anything, stops working.

Rebooting in safe mode would not remove an entry from the firewall's list. You could remove it and see if it comes back, but there's no guarantee it would in a timely fashion, or at all - since we don't know when or under what conditions the connection is attempted - and that wouldn't get you any closer to an answer.