Add 3rd party License Key (Amazon)to Existing Account Journey

My license expires in Aug 2024.  I bought the 18-month subscription Dec 2023 planning to extend subscription. I sent an email to MB support asking for how to do that back in January 2024. Results = silence.  Now it is July 2024. I got the 30-day alert current sub expiring. 

Of course, I make the 1st attempt to add the new license key. That wasn't too bad but could have been a better experience.  Then it came time to add my Android too.  I almost had to invoke the 'old gods' for help. 

Getting the MB code was simple, but the instructions to add it to the Android were simply crap.  Missing steps about where to click, what I should see in the GUI, etc.  All of it was a total S-show!  Finally, I uninstalled and reinstalled the MB app from my cell to get the MB GUI that matched the instructions. Then the 18-month sub (where I've lost 6 months already), did record the phone in the activated device view.  The PC activation wasn't added though.  Next came the same lame instructions to activate the PC.  This time with the cell activation experience burning in my brain, I was able to add the laptop. 

The overall activation during the ending-current-sub experience was very disappointing.  I've used this product for at least a decade.  It seems it is built more towards direct payment extension activations to provide the efficient journey experience more so than for those buying subs from 3rd parties (often at a better price).  

If humans still exist at MB, you'd better update the "How to add new license" instructions to match the true experience for both direct and 3rd Party purchases.  No company can afford bad experiences.  Your competitors with similar or better products will take advantage of your lack of customer service too.

9 minutes ago, envyvicious said:

My license expires in Aug 2024.  I bought the 18-month subscription Dec 2023 planning to extend subscription.

You add the new 3rd party license to your my.malwarebuyes.com account the day your old one expires. You can not "extend" it in advance.

Then you activate all devices at that same time to get your full subscription length by deactivating the current installs and reactivating each one in each one's GUI/interface.

• Like 1

Thank you for responding.  as is, I've seemed to only have lost a month overall after I see it extended from today until Dec 2025.  Frustrating not to get an answer from MB itself though.  Their instructions are still crap.  I truly had to troubleshoot, then uninstall, then reinstall to get to the steps they've documented. Woudn't it be grand if they clearly state that to extend upon expiration (or a week or two prior) because there is no early extension available? Have a great summer!🤩

Other than instructions on how to add a license to the account and activate an unactivated device, the instructions are not geared for 3rd party purchasers.

That is the "cost" of saving money and not buying directly.

• Like 2