Found 1 threat during scan of the system app "Tags"

During a scan it found a threat named Tags. I had no idea what this is, I searched and it's apparently a system app. Is this a false positive? This is the first time it got found as a threat, or is my phone compromised? It keep telling me to take action but I only have ignore once or always allow.

I've recently had the same issue. I scanned my Blackview BV8800 as I have many times before and the system app "Tags" popped up as a threat. To progress I ignored once then removed all permissions and disabled the app in settings. I rescanned and the results showed one fewer apps scanned and no threats.

The Tags app is version 1.1 with an icon consisting of a white tag with a blue 'Wi-Fi" symbol. It consumes about 470 kB of storage. It shows as having been updated at the same date as all the other system apps.

I too would like to know if this is a false positive or an actual threat.

For additional context I have two other Blackview devices, both with Tags 1.1, neither of which scan as a threat. 

Tags apparently is associated with Near Field Communication which I don't use.

• 2 months later...

I have the same experience except my phone is "Cyber 7" , on Android 11. It detected the "Tags"(zero byte size) but did not give an option for removal. I proceeded to report this to malwarebytes support and even sending them the diagnostics data and screenshots but the representative seems not very smart and not actually reading what I'm saying.  

So I was curious to what's in the diagnostic data that I sent. I opened the zip but all it has is a log of what the user did in the malwarebytes program. It's completely useless in actually determining the causes of the threats, or the nature of the malware code.

I think your best bet is just to buy an Iphone or use Samsung brands, and forget about malwarebytes as it's completely useless, at least for mobile devices.

Screenshot (Aug 20, 2024 21_18_01).png