RTP Detection

Hi,

I have noticed few detections from a while back and as I am not an expert in this field, I would appreciate some assistance.

The first detection says that a file relating to Call of Duty (via Steam) is a {Category} Trojan {Type} Outbound Connection. It states the action was 'Blocked website'.

The second and third detections are also from files relating to Call of Duty. They are {Category} Compromised {Type} Outbound Connection. These detections also says the action was 'Blocked website'.

I'm unsure as to what this actually all means.

(Apologies if this is the incorrect page to post this on, but I have a feeling these could be false positives?)

Any support would be appreciated! :)

Cheers,

2 minutes ago, JurassicEnglander said:

'm unsure as to what this actually all means.

It must be due to some server(s) the games are trying to connect to. Steam and many others use p2p connections to play online which often triggers IP blocks like this.

If you post the logs, no screenshots from the blocks, staff can check the IP's and see if they still merit blocking.

9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

It must be due to some server(s) the games are trying to connect to. Steam and many others use p2p connections to play online which often triggers IP blocks like this.

If you post the logs, no screenshots from the blocks, staff can check the IP's and see if they still merit blocking.

Hi,

Thanks for your help. What is it that I would need to screenshot?

Many thanks and apologies for all of the questions!

1 minute ago, JurassicEnglander said:

What is it that I would need to screenshot?

No screenshots, Logs, please.

You can find Scan and Protection logs within the Malwarebytes 5 program in the following location

image.thumb.png.91baa76d6314f3b91635ab311801288e.png

image.thumb.png.ee181e7979cb72d23383abdd9aa8aa86.png

image.thumb.png.2263a6387be84cca38da296c48373e8a.png

Edited April 26 by Porthos

3 minutes ago, JurassicEnglander said:

I have attached a .txt file containing the logs.

Staff will look at them and comment.

I see you are behind in Malwarebytes software.  I suggest you do a manual check for updates.

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Staff will look at them and comment.

I see you are behind in Malwarebytes software.  I suggest you do a manual check for updates.

Hi,

Thanks for all of your help with this.

The detections aren't all that recent, so that could explain the outdated versions. I have done an update regardless. :)

Cheers,

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JurassicEnglander said:

Am I now okay to disregard these detections, or are they still a cause for concern?

If the popups interfere with gameplay ypu can add the games executable to play mode to suppress notfications while you play.

• Play mode: Turn on this setting to suspend notifications when selected apps are open, like when playing a game, watching a movie, or giving a presentation. To stop notifications when you are using a specific app:
    1. Click Configure.
    2. On the Play mode page, click Add item.
    3. In the application finder, select the app you want to add.
    4. Click Open.

image.thumb.png.f4a0459f3feb2d4c1629cba20b1b56f4.png

Edited by Porthos

3 minutes ago, JurassicEnglander said:

Or were they just warnings that I can now disregard?

Like I stated before it is due to some server(s) the games are trying to connect to. Steam and many others use p2p connections to play online which often triggers IP blocks like this.

The game itself is not a virus. You are not compromised.

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2024 at 11:44 PM, Porthos said:

Like I stated before it is due to some server(s) the games are trying to connect to. Steam and many others use p2p connections to play online which often triggers IP blocks like this.

The game itself is not a virus. You are not compromised.

That’s great.

Thank you for all of your help with this.

Much appreciated!