[ RESOLVED ] Can’t activate/register old lifetime key + id

I have a very old MB LIFETIME retail key + id.  Gotta be more THAN 10 years old.  Never had an MB account since I simply used the key+id.   

I installed MB on my new Mac Mini M2 pro but can’t use the key+id.   Admittedly I haven’t used the key in probably 7 or 8 years but “lifetime” is “ lifetime.”  I am currently 76 years old so there isn’t much “lifetime” left in me !!  😀

i have a scan of my original key card from way back then. 

How do I claim the rest of my “lifetime”,  I have tried the silly AI bot then requested to contact a person.  Then I get an email that since I have no account I can’t contact anyone and bye bye so long do not reply.    Caught in a catch22.   

is my lifetime over before I actually expire and push up daisies?

Hmmmm, Interesting especially considering it doesn’t say that on the key card.  Doesn’t say PC or MAC.  Oh well.  Screwed again.  Back to my Norton 360 which is still good for another 18 months and 5 devices of any kind. Guess that’s why I haven’t used MB for the last 7+ years. 😀

4 minutes ago, MisterEd said:

Interesting especially considering it doesn’t say that on the key card.  Doesn’t say PC or MAC.

When those were sold, there was no such thing as Malwarebytes for Mac nor was it even on the drawing board back then.

Do you have a Windows computer any longer?

I answered that Q the first time you asked.  😀.  I have Parallels but never used it as I abandoned Win after about 40 years using it last a couple years ago. 😋  Got Parallels “just in case” but never looked back.  

41 minutes ago, MisterEd said:

I answered that Q the first time you asked.  😀.  I have Parallels but never used it as I abandoned Win after about 40 years using it last a couple years ago. 😋  Got Parallels “just in case” but never looked back.  

Then I guess you are correct. No need for Windows.

But just for the record for others reading this topic in the future, The terms of the Lifetime license have never changed and have always been Windows only.

Sorry that you feel screwed.

Edited by Porthos