Windows Firewall Control: every call to svchost requests permission

I have my firewall profile set to medium on the Malwarebytes - Windows Firewall Control, to control what has access to the internet on my laptop.  The problem is that every time svchost is involved, it requests permission even though there is an existing rule.  I understand svchost is a special case due to the way it operates and if it's being called by a specific service, that's fair and proper but it ignores the existing rule when there is no specific service involved and requests permission and creating a subsequent duplicate rule.

Any insights and/or advice would be welcome

Regards

2 hours ago, MellowMoth said:

Any insights and/or advice would be welcome

For assistance with Windows Firewall Control please contact Binisoft who provides support for WFC via the form on this page and they will be able to assist you.  Additionally, Wilders has a thread for WFC here if you want to try asking the members there.

You may also find the user guide for Malwarebytes Windows Firewall Control helpful too. You can get that here: https://www.binisoft.org/pdf/guides/Malwarebytes-WFC-User-Guide.pdf

Thanks

• Like 2