Windows defender control issues

It seems that MalwareBytes has taken over virus scanning on my Windows 10 Dell computer, without my choosing to set it that way.  I had been using Windows Defender.  Is there a way to turn malwarebytes virus scanning off and go back to Defender?

• Root Admin

HELLO @TomWaeghe

Please make the following change in Malwarebytes if you're using the Premium or Trial version

• Please open Malwarebytes. Click on the small gear icon to open the Settings and go to the Security for MB4 or General tab for MB5 tab.
  • Then turn off "Always register Malwarebytes in the Windows Security Center"
  • Restart the computer

It is highly unlikely that you need to setup exclusions for Windows Defender, however if you experience any issues, please see the following article and setup exclusions
between Malwarebytes and Windows Defender

Malwarebytes for Windows antivirus exclusions list
https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038522974-Malwarebytes-for-Windows-antivirus-exclusions-list

• 3 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Tips to help protect from infection

Thanks