RegAsm.exe pop up window, trying to access malicious website

Hi, i tried to install some software, it was a .exe which when open didn't open anything, and when i activated malwarebytes this popup window started appearing. i assume it's a ppossible troyan

through the antivirus i deleted any malicious files that were in my computer. After changing the security properties of RegAsm.exe i managed to delete it the manual way, by taking it to the recycle bin and emptying it, i ran various scans and they seem to be clean, the popup window doesn't appear anymore, but i'm concerned something might still be in my system after all that, i need help and guidance on how can i be sure if it is still in my system, and if it is, how do i remove it.

Captura de pantalla 2024-04-10 180048.png

Malwarebytes Scan Report 2024-04-10 192635.txt

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Please rename FRST.EXE or FRST64.EXE to FRSTEnglish.exe image.png.08b987105a3f991c3bd3c5b02d550ebc.png

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your next reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JSntgRvr said:

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Please rename FRST.EXE or FRST64.EXE to FRSTEnglish.exe image.png.08b987105a3f991c3bd3c5b02d550ebc.png

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your next reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

Thank you for answering. here are the files

Addition.txt FRST.txt

Welcome smile.png

I'll be helping you with your computer.

Please read this post completely before beginning. If there's anything that you do not understand, please don't hesitate to ask before proceeding.

Please take note of the guidelines for this fix:

• Please note that I am a volunteer. I do have a family, a career, and other endeavors that may prevent immediate responses that meet your schedule. Do note that the differences in time zones could present a problem as well. Your patience and understanding will be greatly appreciated.
  • First of all, the procedures we are about to perform are specific to your problem and should only be used on this specific computer.
  • Do not make any changes to your computer that include installing/uninstalling programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, nor running scanners or tools of any kind unless specifically requested by me.
  • Please read ALL instructions carefully and perform the steps fully and in the order they are written.
  • If things appear to be better, let me know. Just because the symptoms no longer exist as before, does not mean that you are clean.
  • Continue to read and follow my instructions until I tell you that your machine is clean.
  • If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask before performing the task that I ask of you, and please wait for my reply before you proceed.
  • Scanning with programs and reading the logs do take a fair amount of time. Again, your patience will be necessary. smile.png

Let's begin... 

This Fix will empty the following folders:

• Windows Temp
  • Users Temp folders
  • Edge, IE, FF, Chrome, and Opera caches, HTML5 storages, Cookies and History
  • Recently opened files cache
  • Discord cache
  • Java cache
  • Steam HTML cache
  • Explorer thumbnail and icon cache
  • BITS transfer queue (qmgr*.dat files)
  • Recycle Bin

Important: items are permanently deleted. They are not moved to quarantine. If you have any questions or concerns please ask before running this fix.

The system will be rebooted after the fix has run.

• Download the enclosed file  Fixlist.txt
  • Save it in the same location FRST64.exe is saved (C:\Users\Nitro 5\Desktop\FRSTEnglish.exe)
  • Start FRST (FRST64) with Administrator privileges 
  • This time around Press the Fix button and wait
  • When finished, a log file (Fixlog.txt) will pop up and saved in the same location the tool was ran from.

Please attach this file in your next reply.

Attach the resulting reports as requested.

Edited by JSntgRvr
typo

2 hours ago, JSntgRvr said:

Welcome smile.png

I'll be helping you with your computer.

Please read this post completely before beginning. If there's anything that you do not understand, please don't hesitate to ask before proceeding.

Please take note of the guidelines for this fix:

• Please note that I am a volunteer. I do have a family, a career, and other endeavors that may prevent immediate responses that meet your schedule. Do note that the differences in time zones could present a problem as well. Your patience and understanding will be greatly appreciated.
  • First of all, the procedures we are about to perform are specific to your problem and should only be used on this specific computer.
  • Do not make any changes to your computer that include installing/uninstalling programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, nor running scanners or tools of any kind unless specifically requested by me.
  • Please read ALL instructions carefully and perform the steps fully and in the order they are written.
  • If things appear to be better, let me know. Just because the symptoms no longer exist as before, does not mean that you are clean.
  • Continue to read and follow my instructions until I tell you that your machine is clean.
  • If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask before performing the task that I ask of you, and please wait for my reply before you proceed.
  • Scanning with programs and reading the logs do take a fair amount of time. Again, your patience will be necessary. smile.png

Let's begin... 

This Fix will empty the following folders:

• Windows Temp
  • Users Temp folders
  • Edge, IE, FF, Chrome, and Opera caches, HTML5 storages, Cookies and History
  • Recently opened files cache
  • Discord cache
  • Java cache
  • Steam HTML cache
  • Explorer thumbnail and icon cache
  • BITS transfer queue (qmgr*.dat files)
  • Recycle Bin

Important: items are permanently deleted. They are not moved to quarantine. If you have any questions or concerns please ask before running this fix.

The system will be rebooted after the fix has run.

• Save it in the same location FRST64.exe is saved (C:\Users\Nitro 5\Desktop\FRSTEnglish.exe)
  • When finished, a log file (Fixlog.txt) will pop up and saved in the same location the tool was ran from.

Attach the resulting reports as requested.

Thank you, Here are the files. As aditional info i haven't run the AdwCleaner ''Basic Repair'' as the original post said, just in case, if you want me to run it please tell me as soon as posible, i'll keep the window open.

image.png

AdwCleaner[S00].txt Fixlog.txt Malwarebytes Scan Report 2024-04-11 204931.txt

1 hour ago, JSntgRvr said:

here it is, thanks for taking the time to help again.

Fixlog.txt

2 hours ago, JSntgRvr said:

Protección de recursos de Windows encontró archivos dañados y los reparó correctamente.

¿Como está la computadora?

it's fine, works as usual, but i'm still worried it might still be in the system, i might re-install windows just to be sure

Lets run another scanner:

Dr.Web CureIt!

Please download the Dr.Web CureIt! anti-virus utility
https://free.drweb.com/

You will need to send them an email to obtain a link to download the scanner, please do so

• The downloaded file will normally have a unique name such as:  q7a9tr4p.exe
  • Close all open applications and locate the downloaded file and double-click to run it
  • The program will take a moment to launch and bring up the License and Update screen
  • Place a check mark to agree to the terms and then click on the Continue button
  • Click the underlined link Select objects for scanning
  • On the top left click the Scanning objects that should automatically check all objects
  • Click the small wrench and make sure there is a check on Automatically apply actions to threats
  • Then click the large button on bottom right Start scanning
  • Once the scan has completed there will be a link named Open report click that and a log named cureit.log should open in Notepad
  • The log is saved in the folder named Doctor Web in the top of your user profile folders
  • Please attach that log on your next reply

• 2 weeks later...