Browser Guard detected Malware, Scam shows nothing.

Go to solution Solved by Porthos,

Hi, it's me again.

I just had a pop-up from Malwarebytes Browser Guard that detected Malware. I was using Facebook at the time. These are from yesterday but they all seem to have the same website. I have run scans with Malwarebytes - both a regular and a custom scan (including scanning for rootkits) but they've returned nothing.

Should I be concerned by this?

image.thumb.png.54c47ebf7868f3fe0b70c2ab0cb21195.pngimage.thumb.png.49b4f015fdea5ce8b869e635dc9096ad.png

• Like 1
  • Solution

The blocks mean that it was blocked from ever affecting your computer,

6 minutes ago, GrakVader said:

I have run scans with Malwarebytes - both a regular and a custom scan (including scanning for rootkits) but they've returned nothing.

Of course, because it was blocked from ever reaching you.

7 minutes ago, GrakVader said:

I was using Facebook at the time.

Not surprising, Facebook and other social media is a cesspool of junk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, mar_lion said:

I have the same issue. I just don't know what to think about it - has the site been compromised? Or why is there the malware warning all of a sudden?

Create your own topic and we will be happy to assist. Each site and computer is different.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Porthos said:

Create your own topic and we will be happy to assist. Each site and computer is different.

OK, thank you. I tried just now and it shows no malware anymore so I guess it might have been a temporary issue... If that happens again I'll write here.