Maleware Bytes in start up

I have a new HP computer with windows 7 64 and installed MB . Even though a post said there is a fixthe box comes up with control every time I log on .

Also I looked in mconfig and it says Maleware Bytes is starting up now in it .

I do not want to uncheck it but want it removed so how do I do that and why is the free version in start up ? This is a new computer i want normal mode.

I was surprised to see it located there and I want MB but it is still there even after I uninstalled .

Thanks

• Root Admin

What is still there? I'm sorry but I'm having trouble understanding exactly what it is you're having an issue with and want.

If you mean the UAC prompt when starting it is because of a known script issue. You can remove it but the next time you scan it will put it back. This is fixed in version 1.42 which is currently in beta testing.

Please explain in more detail what it is you want and we'll try to help you further. Thanks.

Thanks for replying . I had 1.42 and after scanning it put the prompt back and it popped up after I booted up not just when I clicked on a short cut.

The other issue is that in start up MB was listed when I did msconfig and a free version should not be in start up right ?

I like MB and have used it before a lot.

Regards

• Root Admin

Yes, we tell it to launch but is ignored if you don't have the paid version. I think what you're talking about though is the issue I referred to earlier.

Please take a look at this post and see if it resolves your issue: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=29158