Spy Hunter 5

Go to solution Solved by AdvancedSetup,

Hi,

Yesterday, I removed completely Spy Hunter 5 with Revo Uninstaller, it is no longer in the softwares listed as installed ones in my PC and today it still shows me its adds

I made research with Everything in my PC, I found the file, but when I try to remove it, a message tells me I can't as it is already in use

• Root Admin

Hello @EdinaElodie and :welcome:

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

• Root Admin

Please follow the steps below

[ 1 ]

Please go to Control Panel, Programs, Programs and Features, Uninstall a program

Then right-click and uninstall the following

• Bonjour 

[ 2 ]

Please run the following fix

NOTE: Please read all of the information below before running this fix.

• NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine.
  • Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system that cannot be undone.

Once the fix has been completed, please attach the file FIXLOG.TXT to your next reply

Farbar program:   FRST64.exe

Save the attached file:  FIXLIST.TXT to this folder C:\Users\elodi\Downloads\

NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST64.exe, and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Please make sure you disable any real-time antivirus or security software before running this script. Once completed, make sure you re-enable it.

Run the Farbar program with Admin rights and press the Fix button just once and wait.

The fix may possibly take up to 60 minutes to complete

If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log named Fixlog.txt in the same folder you ran the Farbar program from. Please attach that log on your next reply.

1. NOTE:  This fix will run a scan to check that all Microsoft operating system files are valid and not corrupt and attempt to correct any invalid files. It will also run a disk check on the restart to ensure disk integrity.
  2. NOTE: As part of this fix all temporary files will be removed. If you have any open web pages that have not been bookmarked please make sure you bookmark them now as all open applications may be automatically closed.
                Also, make sure you know the passwords for all websites as cookies may possibly be removed in some cases, but not all cases.
  3. NOTE: As part of this fix, it will also reset the network to default settings including the firewall. If you have custom firewall rules you need to save please export or save them first before running this fix.

The following directories are emptied:

• Windows Temp
  • Users Temp folders
  • Edge, IE, FF, Chrome, and Opera caches, HTML5 storages, Cookies and History
  • Recently opened files cache
  • Discord cache
  • Java cache
  • Steam HTML cache
  • Explorer thumbnail and icon cache
  • BITS transfer queue (qmgr*.dat files)
  • Recycle Bin

Important: items are permanently deleted. They are not moved to quarantine. If you have any questions or concerns please ask before running this fix.

The system will be rebooted after the fix has run.

fixlist.txt

Thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Please follow the steps below

[ 1 ]

Please go to Control Panel, Programs, Programs and Features, Uninstall a program

Then right-click and uninstall the following

• Bonjour 

[ 2 ]

Please run the following fix

NOTE: Please read all of the information below before running this fix.

• NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine.
  • Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system that cannot be undone.

Once the fix has been completed, please attach the file FIXLOG.TXT to your next reply

Farbar program:   FRST64.exe

Save the attached file:  FIXLIST.TXT to this folder C:\Users\elodi\Downloads\

NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST64.exe, and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Please make sure you disable any real-time antivirus or security software before running this script. Once completed, make sure you re-enable it.

Run the Farbar program with Admin rights and press the Fix button just once and wait.

The fix may possibly take up to 60 minutes to complete

If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log named Fixlog.txt in the same folder you ran the Farbar program from. Please attach that log on your next reply.

1. NOTE:  This fix will run a scan to check that all Microsoft operating system files are valid and not corrupt and attempt to correct any invalid files. It will also run a disk check on the restart to ensure disk integrity.
  2. NOTE: As part of this fix all temporary files will be removed. If you have any open web pages that have not been bookmarked please make sure you bookmark them now as all open applications may be automatically closed.
                Also, make sure you know the passwords for all websites as cookies may possibly be removed in some cases, but not all cases.
  3. NOTE: As part of this fix, it will also reset the network to default settings including the firewall. If you have custom firewall rules you need to save please export or save them first before running this fix.

The following directories are emptied:

• Windows Temp
  • Users Temp folders
  • Edge, IE, FF, Chrome, and Opera caches, HTML5 storages, Cookies and History
  • Recently opened files cache
  • Discord cache
  • Java cache
  • Steam HTML cache
  • Explorer thumbnail and icon cache
  • BITS transfer queue (qmgr*.dat files)
  • Recycle Bin

Important: items are permanently deleted. They are not moved to quarantine. If you have any questions or concerns please ask before running this fix.

The system will be rebooted after the fix has run.

fixlist.txt 50.92 kB · 3 downloads

Thanks

My computer has been restarted and a new log has been generated, here it is 

Fixlog.txt

• Root Admin
  • Solution

Thank you for the log. That should have removed the program

Please run the following

SecurityCheck by glax24              

I would like you to run a tool named SecurityCheck to inquire about the current security update status of some applications.
CheckSecurity is a utility for quickly checking for the presence of vulnerable applications

• Temporarily disable Microsoft SmartScreen to download the software
  • Download SecurityCheck by glax24: https://tools.safezone.cc/glax24/SecurityCheck/SecurityCheck.exe
  • If SmartScreen blocks the file from running click on More info and Run anyway
  • This tool is safe.   Smartscreen is overly sensitive. You can check the VirusTotal scan of the tool from here
  • Right-click  with your mouse on the Securitycheck.exe  and select "Run as administrator"  and reply YES to allow to run & go forward
  • Wait for the scan to finish. It will open a text file named SecurityCheck.txt Close the file.  Attach it with your next reply.
  • You can find this file in a folder called SecurityCheckC:\SecurityCheck\SecurityCheck.txt

Checked parameters:

1. User Account Control (UAC).
  2. Service pack.
  3. IE version.
  4. Automatic OS update. Sets of critical KB patches when updating is disabled.
  5. Antivirus, firewall, other security utilities.
  6. Versions of Java, Oracle Virtualbox.
  7. Version of Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR.
  8. Versions of Adobe Reader, Acrobat Reader DC, Foxit Reader.
  9. Versions of media players (iTunes, AIMP, foobar2000).
  10. Versions of messengers (Skype, Pidgin).
  11. Versions of installed browsers (Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Yandex, SeaMonkey).
  12. Versions of mail programs (The Bat, Thunderbird).
  13. Checking running processes and security program services
  14. Searching for installed Adware programs and optimizer programs (More than 5000).

Thank you

1 hour ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Thank you for the log. That should have removed the program

Please run the following

SecurityCheck by glax24              

I would like you to run a tool named SecurityCheck to inquire about the current security update status of some applications.
CheckSecurity is a utility for quickly checking for the presence of vulnerable applications

• Temporarily disable Microsoft SmartScreen to download the software
  • Download SecurityCheck by glax24: https://tools.safezone.cc/glax24/SecurityCheck/SecurityCheck.exe
  • If SmartScreen blocks the file from running click on More info and Run anyway
  • This tool is safe.   Smartscreen is overly sensitive. You can check the VirusTotal scan of the tool from here
  • Right-click  with your mouse on the Securitycheck.exe  and select "Run as administrator"  and reply YES to allow to run & go forward
  • Wait for the scan to finish. It will open a text file named SecurityCheck.txt Close the file.  Attach it with your next reply.
  • You can find this file in a folder called SecurityCheckC:\SecurityCheck\SecurityCheck.txt

Checked parameters:

1. User Account Control (UAC).
  2. Service pack.
  3. IE version.
  4. Automatic OS update. Sets of critical KB patches when updating is disabled.
  5. Antivirus, firewall, other security utilities.
  6. Versions of Java, Oracle Virtualbox.
  7. Version of Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR.
  8. Versions of Adobe Reader, Acrobat Reader DC, Foxit Reader.
  9. Versions of media players (iTunes, AIMP, foobar2000).
  10. Versions of messengers (Skype, Pidgin).
  11. Versions of installed browsers (Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Yandex, SeaMonkey).
  12. Versions of mail programs (The Bat, Thunderbird).
  13. Checking running processes and security program services
  14. Searching for installed Adware programs and optimizer programs (More than 5000).

Thank you

Ah sorry, you sent me an answer and I didn't see it... I'll do the scan with the SecurityCheck ! Thank you very VERY much for helping me !!! 😉

• Root Admin

It's just a generic statement for users in case they run into Smart Screen blocking them.

Please uninstall, update, or otherwise address the following as appropriate for your computer.

Telegram Desktop v.4.10 Warning! Download Update

---------------------------- [ UnwantedApps ] -----------------------------
VdhCoApp 1.6.3 Warning! Application is distributed through the partnership programs and bundle assemblies. Uninstallation recommended. Possible you became a victim of fraud or social engineering.
Glary Utilities 5.211 v.5.211.0.240 Warning! Suspected demo version of anti-spyware, driver updater or optimizer.
----------------------------- [ End of Log ] ------------------------------

Then RESTART the computer and check for Windows Updates and install any security updates.

Cheers

Ummm the link you sent me is for the Linux users, I am not a Linux user... I use Win10... But will go to the Telegram website to download the last version of Telegram, thank you

Edit, you were right : my version of Telegram was the x64.4.10.0 ... and just downloaded the version x64.4.10.2... Thank you very much 😊

Il s'agit simplement d'une déclaration générique destinée aux utilisateurs au cas où ils rencontreraient Smart Screen qui les bloquerait.

Veuillez désinstaller, mettre à jour ou résoudre les problèmes suivants en fonction de votre ordinateur.

Telegram Desktop v.4.10 Attention ! Télécharger la mise à jour

---------------------------- [Applications indésirables] ------------------- ----------
VdhCoApp 1.6.3 Attention ! L'application est distribuée via les programmes de partenariat et les assemblages groupés. Désinstallation recommandée. Il est possible que vous ayez été victime de fraude ou d'ingénierie sociale. Glary Utilities 5.211 v.5.211.0.240 Attention ! Version de démonstration suspectée d'un anti-spyware, d'un programme de mise à jour de pilote ou d'un optimiseur . ----------------------------- [Fin du journal] ---------------- ---------------

Redémarrez ensuite l'ordinateur, recherchez les mises à jour Windows et installez les mises à jour de sécurité.

Acclamations

I have updated Telegram Desktop from the x64.4.10.0 to the x64.4.10.2, I have uninstalled VdhCoApp 1.6.3, but I usually use Glary Utilities and the version you ask me to uninstall is the last update to day... What should I use if not Glary Utilities ? Can you recommend me a better software to do the same job (not CCleaner, please... I heard bad things about it)

Thank you very much 😊

• Root Admin

The wording is from the people that wrote the program. I wouldn't worry too much about the wording.

The link provided is the source code for Telegram for both Windows and Linux - the main GitHub link is:  https://github.com/telegramdesktop/tdesktop

You can also get from here:  https://desktop.telegram.org/

Unless there is something else I can assist you with we should be done here. If you need something else, please let me know.

Cheers

• Like 1

Hi,

Thank you very much I was a little worried

Yes : I have downloaded the last version of Telegram as I said earlier, and I did it from https://desktop.telegram.org (I always try to download from the editor website

But you did not answer me about the idea to uninstall Glary Utilities, what should I download instead, with the same functions and free ? Do you have a software recommendation ? I don't want to download bad softwares (I don't want another Spy Hunter 5 experience... 1 is fully enough for me)

• Root Admin

In general Windows can already do the vast majority of maintenance on it's own with it's own tools.

Here is a general post about clean up - DO NOT download any software. Simply read and use builtin Windows tools

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-way-clean-windows-10-step-step-guide/

8 Simple Ways To Clean Up Your Windows 11/10 PC
https://www.online-tech-tips.com/windows-10/8-simple-ways-to-clean-up-your-windows-11-10-pc/

Did you have something more in mind you're wanting to do?

In general Windows can already do the vast majority of maintenance on it's own with it's own tools.

Here is a general post about clean up - DO NOT download any software. Simply read and use builtin Windows tools

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-way-clean-windows-10-step-step-guide/

8 Simple Ways To Clean Up Your Windows 11/10 PC
https://www.online-tech-tips.com/windows-10/8-simple-ways-to-clean-up-your-windows-11-10-pc/

Did you have something more in mind you're wanting to do?

Oh, I did not know, I left CCleaner for Glary Utilities thinking it was better... Now, I don't know what happens but my Malwarebytes blocked a website www.advabcespccleanup trying to go out with Google Chrome... I wanted to uninstall Advanced PC Clean Up but I did not find any software wearing that name in my PC 😰