Malwarebytes stuck on scanning files

Hello. My name is Maurice. I will guide you.

• Removing pesky malware can be an involved set of tasks over separate runs. Have much patience. Follow my directions. 
  • Please don't run any other scans, download, install or uninstall any programs while I'm working with you.
  • Only run the tools I guide you to.
  • Do not run online games while case is on-going. Do not do any free-wheeling web-surfing.
  • The removal of malware isn't instantaneous, please be patient.
  • Cracked or or hacked or pirated programs are not only illegal, but also will make a computer a malware victim. Having such programs installed, is the easiest way to get infected. It is the leading cause of ransomware encryptions. It is at times also big source of current trojan infections. Please uninstall them now, if any are here, before we start the cleaning procedure.
  • Please stick with me until I give you the "all clear".
  • If your system is running Discord, please be sure to Exit out of it while this case is on-going.

Do these 2 steps so that ALL folders & Files are set to SHOW, plus also, Turn OFF Windows Fast start.
    Show-Hidden-Folders-Files-Extensions
    https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/299345-show-hidden-folders-files-extensions/

Disable-Fast-Startup
    https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/299350-disable-fast-startup/

• Now please do a Windows Restart. Then, after system is settled in, let me have this report.

I would like a report set for review. This is a report only. This is the first beginning step so I can see what is what on this particular machine.

Please download MALWAREBYTES MBST Support Tool

Once you start it click Advanced >>> then Gather Logs

Have patience till the run has finished.
Attach the mbst-grab-results.zip from the Desktop to your reply..

Hello.

I would ask you to use the Malwarebytes Support tool which you already have
to have the tool uninstall & re-install the Malwarebytes for Windows.

The tool is mb-support-1.9.2.982.exe which is on the Downloads folder.  
Use this support article as a guide https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039023473-Uninstall-and-reinstall-Malwarebytes-using-the-Malwarebytes-Support-Tool

Skip line 1 for download.  Locate where you saved it & use it.
Have infinite patience after the Reboot ( restart ) and just wait till the prompt window comes on
Reply YES when prompted to re-install Malwarebytes

I have downloaded and tried the malware support tool it just uninstalls malwarebytes and then asks me do i want to reinstall it, it does not reboot.  I am running malwarebytes again and it is stuck again at 256,428

Have also reinstalled again still stuck on scanning file system, i tried it on e: Drive the same result.  

As a next step, I suggest the following:
This is for a scan with ESET Onlinescanner (free). ESET is a well-respected, well-known entity and tool. ESET Onlinescanner checks for viruses, other malware, adwares, & potentially unwanted applications.
This here you can start & once it is under way, you can leave the machine alone & let it run over-night. No need to keep watch once it starts the actual scan run.

Go to https://download.eset.com/com/eset/tools/online_scanner/latest/esetonlinescanner.exe

It will start a download of "esetonlinescanner.exe"

• Save the file to your system, such as the Downloads folder, or else to the Desktop.
  • Go to the saved file, and double click it to get it started.

• When presented with the initial ESET options, click on "Computer Scan".
  • Next, when prompted by Windows, allow it to start by clicking Yes
  • When prompted for scan type, Click on CUSTOM scan  and select C drive to be scanned
  • Look at & tick ( select ) the radio selection "Enable ESET to detect and quarantine potentially unwanted applications"
  • and click on Start scan button.

Have patience. The entire process may take an hour or more. There is an initial update download.
There is a progress window display. You may step away from machine &. Let it be. That is, once it is under way, you should leave it running. It will run for several hours.

• At screen "Detections occurred and resolved" click on blue button "View detected results"
  • On next screen, at lower left, click on blue "Save scan log"
  • View where file is to be saved. Provide a meaningful name for the "File name:"
  • On last screen, set to Off (left) the option for Periodic scanning
  • Click "save and continue"
  • Please attach the report file so I can review

Let us insure to minimize the amount of programs that are automatically launched with each Windows Start.

Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 11 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts
See this link

Next, this machine has AVAST antivirus. We will need to get it temporarily Turned Off before doing another scan.We want to Turn OFF Avast until after the next Windows restart/reboot.
In you taskbar, on the right-hand side, locate the orange Avast icon (you might have to click the up-arrow to ‘Show hidden icons’
Right-click on the orange Avast icon one you have located it
Hover over ‘Avast shields control’ on the menu that pops up
From the expanded menu that comes up, you can choose to disable Avast ( Select the one to diable Until after next Restart )
Left-click on the option you want and Avast will be disabled

• Now, launch Malwarebytes.
  • now Click the General tab.
  • Under Application updates, click the Check for updates button.

When it shows a new version available, Accept it and let it proceed forward.  Be sure it succeeds.

If prompted to do a Restart, just please follow all directions.

Let me know how that goes.    Next, the Malwarebytes scan

Next, click the small x on the Settings line to go to the main Malwarebytes Window.   Next click the blue button marked Scan.

When the scan phase is done, be real sure you Review and have all detected lines items check-marked on each line on the left. That too is very critical.

>>>>>>      👉      You can actually click the topmost left  check-box  on the very top line to get ALL lines  ticked   ( all selected).         <<<<     💢

MB4_scan_tick_ALL.jpg.d5c4071c62ed66534301fbb217b93bc0.jpg

Please double verify you have that TOP  check-box tick marked.   and that then, all lines have a tick-mark

Then click on Quarantine  button.

MB4_scan_all_Quarantine2.jpg.6c45445994d4125c0b617ac7c5551e03.jpg

Then, locate the Scan run report;  export out a copy;  & then attach in with your  reply.
See https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038479194-View-Reports-and-History-in-Malwarebytes-for-Windows-v4

I did a clean boot as you said and disabled Avast shields to no avail, Avast virus scan reports no viruses and finishes okay.  I ran eset as previously asked and it found two viruses it reported it had deleted these but when i went to the folders mentioned the files where still there so I deleted them as per scan log above.

(   1   )

This is only a first next step. Download and save a file named Iexplore.exe from here https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/

and once the browser has finished the download, can you RUN that from there.

That Iexplore is another name for the tool known as RKILL by Bleepingcomputer. 

(   2   )

This next tool ought to take something in the range of 15 - 25 minutes tops, depending on hardware speed.
get & run the Malwarebytes MBAR anti-rootkit tool to do 1 run with it.
Disregard the title subject of the topic.Run the MBAR tool as listed here 

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/198907-requested-resource-is-in-use-error-unable-to-start-malwarebytes

• when done, I need the MBAR logs.
  • Upon completion of the scan or after the reboot, two files named mbar-log.txt and system-log.txt will be created.
  • Both files can be found in the extracted MBAR folder on your Desktop.
  • Please attach both files in your next reply.

I will look forward to the reports. I will then guide you on the steps after that. Do not make changes or tweaks on your own without first checking with me. There is a lot left to do.

malwarebytes is still stuck on scanning file system

I have run another Forbar recovery with the attached files FRST.txtAddition.txtShortcut.txt

I got this scanlog prior to running the above Forbar recovery testscanlog.txt

I ran Mbar and got no viruses as per files below mbar-log-2023-10-05 (21-01-58).txtmbar-log-2023-10-05 (21-01-58).txtmbar-log-2023-10-05 (21-01-58).txtmbar-log-2023-10-05 (21-01-58).txtsystem-log.txt

Avast will continue to be a potential point of unintended "friction". At some future points, we will need to have it turned Off temporarily. For now, I would like you to place the system in SAFE Mode of Windows ( whereby the Avast will not be in the way).

we need to be sure to place Windows into SAFE mode  (before we do the run).

You may begin to do this from the Windows-sign-in-screen. See this Microsoft support how-to-article]/url]

Once machine is in SAFE mode, then launch Malwarebytes and do a Scan.