703, 05, 09, 13

Hello Group,

I've been using Malwarebytes for around a year with NO...NO problems!!! NONE, NADA, NO Problems!!!

For the last month it's error after error after error!!! 703, 05, 09, 13 and a couple of other numbers I didn't write down to save!!!

I'm damn tired of getting the errors!!!!

I've uninstalled, installed, uninstalled, installed till I am damn tired of doing so!!!!!

I've rebooted and rebooted and I am damn tired of rebooting!!!

I've ran the mbam clean program over and over again!!!

WHERE IS THE FIX!!!!

I've haven't changed anything on my system..It's still XP with IE8.

I know your program is free but even free means it is suppose to run each and every time withOUT ERRORS!!!!

AVG, Ad-Aware and spywareblaster have kept my system clean for years. You program was a nice addition but if I don't get a fix...and SOON. I am DONE with your program!!!!

One pissed off customer!!!!

Barry

Greetings.

I'm sorry that you're so upset, hopefully this will help solve the problem permanently for you if you're willing to try it:

Step 1:

Please download and install this to see if that corrects the issue. If it does not then please continue to Step 2.

Step 2:

Show Hidden Files and Folders (XP):

• Click Start and select My Computer
  • Click the Tools item from the menu at the top of the window (if you don't see Tools press the Alt key on your keyboard and it will appear)
  • Select Folder Options
  • Click the View tab and make sure Show hidden files and folders is selected under Hidden files and folders
  • Next, uncheck the box next to Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
  • Then, uncheck the box next to Hide extensions for known filetypes
  • Click Apply then click OK

Then go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and delete rules.ref. Once you've done that, start MBAM and when it shows the error and asks to update, let it do so and see if that corrects it.

Step 3:

Please exclude the following files from your antivirus:

For Windows XP:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude them from it as well

Please post back and let us know how it went.

Thanks ;)