Cannot Uninstall Malwarebytes

I uninstalled Malwarebytes about 2 years ago.  It has continued to run anyway, and I couldn't figure out why.  It still appears in Remove Programs, but I get an error message after clicking Uninstall.  It says "Windows cannot find C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbuns.exe".  I just spent nearly 3 hours with the Geek Squad at Best Buy (remote assistance).  Despite them trying everything in the book and deleting leftover files/folders/etc. from the registry and wherever else, I still get the error message.  I've emailed y'all a couple of times, but I never hear back.  The Geed Squad said I need to bring my computer to them and leave it because my operating system is corrupted.

Can you help me get that file and whatever else is left of your program off my computer???

Malwarebytes Error for Geek Squad.PNG

• Root Admin

Hello @dlfnlvr928

Please get me some logs

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

• Root Admin

Yes, the application is safe to download and use. @dlfnlvr928

Please do the following so that we can get started and assist you in detection and removal of malware.

The Farbar Recovery Scan Tool is a free Windows utility designed to create troubleshooting logs for your computer. These logs help our Support team to identify and resolve issues with your computer.

There are two versions of the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool available for download: 32-bit and 64-bit.
To find which operating system is installed on your computer, refer to Microsoft's article: 32-bit and 64-bit Windows: Frequently asked questions

Download and launch Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

1. Download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

Do not click on any Ads. You may want to consider adding our Malwarebytes Browser Guard
    https://www.malwarebytes.com/browserguard  to help prevent Ads in the first place.

01_farbar_download.jpg.262919d47a7f1c06a

2. Locate the file you downloaded on your computer.
    Downloaded files are often saved to the Downloads folder.

3. Double-click the downloaded file to run the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool.

12_saved_frst_file.jpg.9ba07f3f31ba3d4f0

4. Windows protected your PC notification may appear and block the download. This notification is from the Windows Defender SmartScreen Filter which prevents unfamiliar apps from running on your PC.
    Disable smart screen ONLY if it interferes with software we may have to use:  What is SmartScreen and how can it help protect me?

Examples of Smart Screen preventing the download

02_win7_smart_screen_block_01.jpg.eb05b2   

Click the three... dots and select Keep

03_win7_smart_screen_block_02.jpg.6f4f22

04_win7_smart_screen_block_03.jpg.c483c1

05_win7_smart_screen_block_04.jpg.3f1d4a

5. When the User Account Control window appears, click Yes.

06_uac_block.jpg.1a36bb28a620520d806aa98

6. To accept the Disclaimer of warranty, click Yes.

07_eula_farbar.jpg.c1966a4842ef445bf5cff

7. Ensure only the boxes listed below are checked

Registry  Services  Drivers
    Processes  Internet  One month
    Addition.txt

08_farbar_main_window.jpg.a96d34d91c44d4

8. Disable any Antivirus software you have installed ONLY if it stops software we may use from working.
    Please remember to re-enable any Antivirus software when we are finished running scans

Click Scan. The scan may take a few minutes to complete.

9. When the scan completes, Farbar Recovery Scan Tool shows two messages:

• Scan completed. FRST.txt is saved in the same directory FRST is located.

09_frst_scan_done.jpg.c818983496ed624987

• Addition.txt is saved in the same directory FRST is located.

10_addition_scan_done.jpg.eb6a3f6141a1bf

• Click OK to close each message window

Please attach both of those logs on your next reply, DO NOT copy and paste the contents of the logs directly

11_attach_files_dialog_box.thumb.jpg.036

Thank you

• Root Admin

ATTENTION: ====> FRSTversion is 2178 days old and could be outdated

Please run the following @dlfnlvr928

Please run the following ESET Online Scanner and perform a Full Scan

Click the following link to save the installer for ESET Online Scanner

https://download.eset.com/com/eset/tools/online_scanner/latest/esetonlinescanner.exe

• It will start a download of "esetonlinescanner.exe"
  • Save the file to your system, such as the Downloads folder, or else to the Desktop.
  • Go to the saved file, and double click it to get started. 
  • When presented with the initial ESET screen, click on "Get Started". Read and accept the Terms of use
  • On the "Before we start..." screen chose if you want to send anonymous data and if you want to provide feedback or not, then click Continue
  • When prompted for scan type, Click on the Full Scan button
  • Enable  ( select )   the radio selection "Enable ESET to detect and quarantine potentially unwanted applications"   and click the Start scan button.
  • Have patience.  The entire process may take a few hours or more.
  • When the scan is completed, if something was found, it will show a screen with the number of detected items.  If so, click the button marked “View detected results”.
  • Click The blue “Save scan log” to save the log and give it a name and location you remember.
  • If something was removed and you know it is a false postive, you may click on the blue ”Restore cleaned files”  ( in blue, at the bottom).
  • Press Continue when all done.  You should click to turn off the offer for “periodic scanning”.
  • Enable "Delete application data on closing" - You do not need to submit feedback unless you want to. Simply ignore and close the program.

Note: If you do need to do a File Restore from ESET please follow the directions below

[KB2915] Restore files quarantined by the ESET Online Scanner version 3

https://support.eset.com/en/kb2915-restore-files-quarantined-by-the-eset-online-scanner

Please attach the ESET scan log you saved at the end to your next reply

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following to help you better protect your computer and privacy Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you