Update computer name in the account portal

TomS

I have a ten unit license to Malwarebytes and there has been times when I've needed to change the names of the computers. What would be nice is if MB could poll the computer name, and update

the name in the online user portal. That way it would be much easier to deactivate systems and transfer licenses.

Yes, I know that is there, and have used that.  Thing is if you've got a bunch of systems and you're trying to track down which has the original name the MS applied to it during install, you need

to open MB on each computer to check how the program refers to the system. It would be much easier when the computer name updates the MB sees the new name and updates both in the application and the user portal.

I would name systems before MB is installed and activated. It uses the device name at the time of activation.

4 minutes ago, TomS said:

It would be much easier when the computer name updates the MB sees the new name and updates both in the application and the user portal.

That is a great suggestion I agree. Programming it could be prohibitive.

Right, naming before the install would be ideal, sometimes it doesn't work out that way.  Computers also change use and location and with that their name. This is a wishlist/suggestion. If they can do it, I'm jazzed. If not it'll take some legwork to clean up.

• 5 months later...