Renewal Charges

I have an annual subscription renewal for  2 Malwarebytes Premium apps running on Windows. Last year I paid $12 for the renewal. This year I am being asked to pay $49. I believe that I am being incorrectly charged, but I cannot find any information on this.

Can someone please point me to the appropriate eMail address to discuss this issue with the billing department?

Thank you very much

Gordon Jacobson

7 minutes ago, portman said:

Can someone please point me to the appropriate eMail address to discuss this issue with the billing department?

This is one issue only the support desk can address.

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new to get help Please submit only one ticket/request. Additional tickets will increase the delay.

Be advised it can take 3-7 weekdays for a response after the automated reply with your ticket number.

18 minutes ago, portman said:

I believe that I am being incorrectly charged, but I cannot find any information on this.

Also I have not seen any old subscriptions as low as $12 for 2 devices. But I will confirm that everyone got an increase in price as the renewals become due.

18 minutes ago, portman said:

This year I am being asked to pay $49.

The regular price for 2 devices is 49.99 any previous discounts have ended.

image.png.4894661ed1957d089e5b7561185a5c67.png

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

Thank you Porthos -

The info you have provided is for new subscriptions. I think the RENEWAL price for just Malwarebytes Premium is $12 and change. That is what I paid last year for the 2 seats I have and there is nothing about a discount in the receipt.

But I have opened a trouble ticket with at https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new to get help as you suggested.

I shall await their response and thank you for your help.

4 minutes ago, portman said:

The info you have provided is for new subscriptions. I think the RENEWAL price for just Malwarebytes Premium is $12 and change. That is what I paid last year for the 2 seats I have and there is nothing about a discount in the receipt.

Malwarebytes raised the price on all renewals for everyone.

Here is my receipt from last February, just to make sure you know that I was telling you correctly what I paid last year.

A jump from $12 to $49 for the same product over a year is possible, but highly unlikely and if that is the price for a single copy then effectively, I am going to be paying $98 for what last year cost me $12. That is NOT possible.

At $49 it is not a worthwhile product any more for me. There are other Anti-Malware products out there that do the same job at very nominal cost. Coupled with my ESET they will do just fine.

More importantly, If there is going to be either a change in product or a consequential change in price, the prevailing law in this country is that the vendor must notify the purchaser of the new product the details of the changes, before the charges are applied - particularly if the is an Auto-pay involved.

In my case no notification of any kind has been received other that a notice that my renewals are coming  up in one month and my auto-renew will be charged $49.

So I guess I will just have to wait until the billing department gets back to me in a few days.

Thank you for the followup. I will report back to you when the matter is resolved. In the meantime I have turned off auto-renewal.

Paypal - Malwarebytes Update No. 2 020222.pdf

10 minutes ago, portman said:

the prevailing law in this country is that the vendor must notify the purchaser of the new product the details of the changes, before the charges are applied - particularly if the is an Auto-pay involved.

That renewal notice with the new charge is the notice of increase.

12 minutes ago, portman said:

up in one month and my auto-renew will be charged $49.

Porthos -

I believe that I purchased it from Malwarebytes directly as a renewal for the various products I have been purchasing and renewing from them for years now.

If you look at the receipt I sent you with my last message you will see that I purchased it from them.

I am a retired VAR or many years standing myself, but I have never acted as a reseller for Malwarebytes.

I have five licenses that are Lifetime licenses. Am I able to use two of them for my existing computers instead of renewing? Is there any difference between Malwarebytes with a lifetime license and with a paid for license?

8 minutes ago, portman said:

Am I able to use two of them for my existing computers instead of renewing?

Of course.

I would make sure they are listed or get added to your  my.malwarebytes account. Add a license key to My Account

8 minutes ago, portman said:

Is there any difference between Malwarebytes with a lifetime license and with a paid for license?

Exactly the same.

image.png.04858ada2907560b94ffa363bd41c892.png

Edited by Porthos

1 minute ago, portman said:

And you are sure that the licenses for the Lifetime versions will work on the version I am currently using with no changes. Auto update will work, etc etc?

All I have to do is change the license keys?

Yes to everything you said

Edited by Porthos