PC comes to halt when downloading anything - Windows 7 x64

Hey everyone. I've troubleshooted and found out that MBAM for some reason is causing my machine to pretty much come to a screeching halt when i download anything at all. Serious delay in opening anything, the mouse has extreme lag. No processes are running high (both task manager and process explorer)

I am running Win7 x64, all MBAM updated. This happens in both IE and Firefox.

Stopped an restarted services, killed all related processes. The issue resolves itself ONLY when I uninstall MBAM.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

What Antivirus software are you using?

Could be an issue with your anti-virus. Try adding the following files to the exclusions list in your anti-virus:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbam.sys

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

do you have any software firewall like zonealarm on that computer, you may have to add the exceptions there as well.

We do recommend you add some sort of Antivirus software on there, cause Malwarebytes in not an antivirus software.

Sorry, there is no AV, no firewall, nada.. just a fresh install of win 7, office 2k7 and Malwarebytes.