Why is this Malwarebytes icon doing on my Android screen?

Hi @Klozaw,

That's a feature added to some mobile devices, especially newer Pixel phones.

Here is the instructions for disabling one for our icon.

Open your device Settings > Accessibility,
Go to the Downloaded apps section (should be at top)
Select "Malwarebytes Safe Browsing Scanner",
Under the "Options" section, toggle "Malwarebytes Safe Browsing Scanner shortcut" to OFF. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Thank you.

I see now why it was confusing for me and potentially others. The floating button does have an on/off state but it wasn't apparent what it was doing. I do understand now that it is for safe browsing and it is turning this feature on/off. That seems very obvious now but I had forgotten what the button was linked to and I wasn't clear what I was turning on and off. There isn't much of an explanation or interaction affordance to make that clear. As I reread the other comments here this seems to be a shared confusion 

Now know, I'm not sure of when/why I would toggle this on and off. Trusting that what was said above (but nowhere in the app or documentation that I can find) is true about what is/isn't scanned, why would I turn it off?

Thanks again for trying to clarify.

• Like 1