FF... has this happened to anyone else?

I have a question for the Firefox users out there, and anyone else that might know the answer too :D

Sometimes while I am using Firefox, when I have at least two tabs open (this forum and my email or something, for example), I'll be clicking or typing, and a new browser window will randomly open and if I am remembering correctly, it is the window of the page I was just looking at in a tab.

I'm thinking that I may accidentally be opening it in a new window (as I sometimes tend to accidentally open things once in a while by pressing keys without realizing it) or maybe there is something going on.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Chimpy,

Thanks for your response and I am glad that I am not the only one:) I too noticed that the new window opens up quite weirdly. I usually just close it out.

I wonder if we are doing this accidentally or its a bug in FF? hmmm... hehe

I thought it was possibly sandboxie causing it but as I do not think you use it it must be a issue of FF, I have googled a bit but cant see if anyone has told moz about it but as it only happens maybe once a few weeks no one has noticed.

@ Chimpy

Oh, yeah, I don't use Sandboxie. What is it by the way?

Hmm. Yeah mines been happening once in a while, maybe every other day. I haven't really kept close track though. It's often enough to be annoying though, lol.

Its a little program that you use to run other programs in like your browser and email, it blocks off your hard drive so if you DL something by accident or vist a page that had something bad that would DL on to your system or indeed a email you open up that had a bad attachment on it it stops it from being DL'd onto your hard drive unless you chose to, you set the settings to delete everything on the closure of the sandboxed program.

Its not perfect as nothing is but it makes me feel safer http://www.sandboxie.com/

this is part one of a quick tute of it, it took me no more than a few minutes to set it up

Prariedog can probably explain it better than I though as thats were I saw the link for it in his sig :D

@ Chimpy

Thanks for explaining that to me. Sounds like an awesome program :D

I'll check out those links later on.

I hope that this FF issue gets fixed sometime... its not really a problem for me really but it is annoying :D

Mountaintree, is it possible you might be dragging a tab? I've done this sometimes by mistake, and once I realized this is possible, I've also done it purposely, although it doesn't seem that easy to do. (At least it's not so easy when I'm actually trying to do it! :blink: )You can drag a tab so that it will be a in a new window instead. There, I just did it now with a tab, I dragged it right off the right edge of the browser page and I now have that tab in a new Firefox window instead.

@ Amethyst

Hey, you just might be right!

I forgot that the new version of FF has a "drag and tear tabs" or something like that feature, that COULD be what I'm doing, hehe. I just tested it out and it happened, but it wasn't as spazzy as when I did it on accident or whatever did it. hmm thanks for the idea :blink:

@ Catscomputer

That could also very well be it. Like I said, I may have accidentally done something, like I tend to do from time to time. Once in a while I accidentally open up "my computer" and one time I opened up "run" on accident, lol.

But it opens up the tab I was just looking at, so maybe that's not it. I think it might be the tear tab thing, heh.

Thanks for your answer :) Hopefully I'll be paying more attention next time and will be able to figure out the cause.