Malwarebytes Setting Changed To Not Start On System Startup

Trav

Greetings,

I do not know how it happened, but somehow or another Malwarebytes settings were modified to no longer auto-start. I don't know how long this was for, but have since turned on tamper control for Malwarebytes and reinstated autostart. I've also turned on rootkit scanning and other settings.

I don't recall changing this setting in Malwarebytes, but I'm also not God and I can forget things. Please find all of the recommended logs I believe should be included attached.

Warm Regards,
~Trav

Malwarebytes Report 12-10-2021.txt FRST.txt Addition.txt

• Root Admin

Hello @Trav

Not sure if we'll be able to track down the issue but please get me the following logs and we'll see if we can find a cause.

To begin, please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your installation for troubleshooting:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained are safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your desktop, please upload that file on your next reply

Thank you

• Like 2

Greetings Advanced Setup!

Thanks so much for reaching out so quickly! I've downloaded the Malwarebytes Support tool and I have to say, this is really spectacular! I love the user interface and design.

This is tangential to the present ticket, but does Malwarebytes offer any system maintenance tools? I avoid Iobit after they were caught seemingly stealing from your organization, and was wondering if you have any toolkits you either make yourselves for maintaining a system and improving its performance or if there are any tools you strongly recommend for users of the Malwarebytes product.

I've attached the logs you requested below. Thanks again for your help, regardless of whether we figure out exactly what has happened! :) !

mbst-grab-results.zip

• Root Admin

Thanks @Trav

We do have some tools but they're geared for sale to business owners to use commercially. Way too expensive for home use (in my opinion)

Let me download your logs and take a look. Again, may not be able to tell for sure but we'll see what I can find.

Cheers

• Root Admin

So I reviewed all the logs and I do not see an indicator of either when or how that change would have happened.

I see you appear to have Norton Security Ultra - Perhaps it stepped on Malwarebytes during an upgrade, or update?

If you haven't already perhaps setup exclusions between the two programs to see if that helps improve operations

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038522974-Malwarebytes-for-Windows-antivirus-exclusions-list

Thank you @Trav

• 3 months later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following to help you better protect your computer and privacy Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you