Link re what sort of program Malwarebytes is

I've seen this somewhere and I can't place my hands on it at the moment. There was a write up of the sort of detection that Malwarebytes uses, how is is NOT a substitute for an antivirus program, firewall and so forth. And how it differs from "antispyware" programs in the way it works. I need to clarify this for someone else.

Thanks!

Malwarebytes does detect viruses but this is not where our greatest strength is . Malwarebytes covers the full spectrum of malware but is best at what AV software typically is not that great with . We do do have IP blocking technology but this is not a traditional firewall and is not designed to replace one . Instead it has list of known malicious IPs and blocks connections to them in both directions . This list of IPs is updated many times a week .

You may/may not have seen this but look it over please, and post back with any questions: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

This being very important to the Malwarebytes program : The Realtime Protection Module uses our advanced heuristic scanning technology which monitors your system to keep it safe and secure. In addition, we have implemented a threats center which will allow you to keep up to date with the latest malware threats.

Thanks, Yardbird and Bruce. This helps. I was trying to explain how Malwarebytes is different from conventional antivirus software and firewalls, and how it is meant to work alongside them, rather than as a substitute. (Whatever other security software I'm using, I personally wouldn't be without Malwarebytes <_< to work with it.)