False Positive: Malware.AI.4283506923

HarryZ

Aloha, I believe I've found a false positive. I downloaded a product called Antivirus Removal Tool. Un-zipped it into the directory where I want to keep it and everything is OK.  However, as soon as I click on the .exe file, Malwarebytes quarantines it.  The .zip file is too large to attach to this forum entry, so please download it from the link provided. I will attach the text output from Malwarebytes for Windows showing the detection.  Also please note that scanning the folder also shows the 'malware' detection. I will also let the program author know about this issue.

There are also a couple related issues, if I need to report these in a different forum, just let me know

1) There was no pop-up message from Malwarebytes to notify me that it had quarantined the file. I'm assuming there would be one in this type of instance

2) After opening the Detection History, selecting the file, and clicking 'Restore', Malwarebytes quarantines the file when I try to run it after the restore.  I'm assuming that running the Restore would create an exception, or do I have to do that manually?

Mahalo,

Harry Z

malwarebytes detection log.txt