Malwarebytes Web Protection still breaks

On 3/19/2021 at 11:52 AM, AdvancedSetup said:

It's Important to remember that we strive to provide as much compatibility as possible whenever the 3rd party allows it, sometimes these third parties don't have compatibility in mind (we do all the time).

We do not use  (have never used) blocking other security products as part of any strategy

Here is a possible workaround

Switch Private Internet Access from OpenVPN to WireGuard and enable option “Use small packets”

• Update PIA to the latest version v2.7.1+
  • Turn VPN off
  • Switch from OpenVPN to WireGuard
  • Enable "Use small pockets"
  • Turn VPN on
  • Restart browser

image.png

image.png

Thank you

I am having this exact same problem with WINDSCRIBE 2.0 VPN. Using MalwareBytes Version 4.3.098 1.02.1249 on Windows 10.  I have tried all of the steps above Except the packet size.  There is only "Auto" "AutoDetect" (1496) or a choice to enter your own packet size.  The only way Split Tunneling will work is to Disable Web Protection.  I just spent 3 days with Windscribe support to determine that MBAM was the problem.  Is there no Exceptions that I can add to make this work?

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Split post to its own topic

Here are some Logs.  I enabled "Enhanced Event Log Data" in settings for the purpose of gathering logs.  I have since disabled that option.  I tried to connect Windscribe while Web Protection was Enabled just seconds before generating the logs.  It was unsuccessful, although it says "Connected" The IP address stays the same as my ISP.  mbst-grab-results.zip

mbst-grab-results.zip

• Root Admin

Sorry for the delay. Not sure what's going on the log is not complete. Please run the following for me. @kstev99

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

• Root Admin

Wow, you have a rather complex mixture of apps and settings. Let's just say I'm not surprised there are issues but we'll see what we can do.

For the moment please open Malwarebytes and enable the Beta on the General tab in Settings.

Then scroll back to the top of General and check for updates. I'm not sure this will correct your issue but at least you'll be on the latest build.

Restart the computer after and let me know if that makes any changes or not

I was already using the Beta  4.3.098 but I updated the definitions to 1.0.39024 and rebooted.  Still no VPN if split tunneling is enabled and Web Protection is on.  If I try Normal Mode VPN without split tunneling the VPN works fine.  It also works fine WITH split tunneling if I disable MBAM Web Protection.   I also use mostly a different VPN program (ProtonVPN) that works fine with split tunneling enabled and it has no problem with MalwareBytes.  Maybe I'll just not use the Windscribe except on occasion.  I just saw the board that there was a similar problem with PIA, and thought you may have an idea.

Go ahead and close this topic I guess.  My computer doesn't really need "Cleaned Up" so to speak.  It is Virus / Malware free and everything runs like a finely

oiled machine, Steam Games, Graphics Editing Programs etc.  EXCEPT for MBAM and one of the three VPN's that I use. 

Thanks for your help.