Malware.AI quarantining the Malwarebytes scheduler?

MagCCB

About an hour and a half ago eleven of the devices I've deployed Malwarebytes to all quarantined the Malwarebytes Task Scheduler file. Wondering if anyone else has seen this happen?

Name

Type

Category

Status

Path

Malware.AI.4263214107

File

Malware

Quarantined

C:\PROGRAM FILES\MALWAREBYTES ENDPOINT AGENT\MICROSOFT.WIN32.TASKSCHEDULER.DLL

On 3/8/2021 at 1:35 PM, MagCCB said:

About an hour and a half ago eleven of the devices I've deployed Malwarebytes to all quarantined the Malwarebytes Task Scheduler file. Wondering if anyone else has seen this happen?

Name

Type

Category

Status

Path

Malware.AI.4263214107

File

Malware

Quarantined

C:\PROGRAM FILES\MALWAREBYTES ENDPOINT AGENT\MICROSOFT.WIN32.TASKSCHEDULER.DLL

Yep I got one of these today...

I just now had 2 of my users trigger for this. Should we be worried? The first user machine I attempted to remediate and upon reboot the malwarebytes install was non functional. I had to use the MB-Support tool to clean the machine then re-install MB to get it working again. Interestingly once everything was re-installed it no longer picked up in a scan. 

Same here, if I rebooted a device that had this happen the Malwarebytes install was essentially broken, and I could only reinstall it by cleaning it with the support tool. Some of the devices that were not rebooted seemed to allow me to restore the file, but not all.

• Like 1