CleanMyPC

Hazardous544

I would to know why CleanMyPc is now being flagged as a risk. After years of use of both MWB and CMPC no flags no issues. As of last week it has been flagged. I do understand it is a registry cleaner, same goes for CCleaner. Yet that software is not being flagged.

Thank you.

38 minutes ago, Hazardous544 said:

I do understand it is a registry cleaner, same goes for CCleaner. Yet that software is not being flagged.

I cant tell you but it is your computer and you are welcome to run it and take a risk. I never run any cleaners and my computer runs just like the day I installed Windows.

What if I want to keep CleanMyPC?

Should users wish to keep this program and exclude it from being detected in future scans, they can add the program to the exclusions list. Here’s how to do it.

• Open Malwarebytes for Windows.
  • Click the Detection History
  • Click the Allow List
  • To add an item to the Allow List, click Add.
  • Select the exclusion type Allow a file or folder and use the Select a folder button to select the main folder for the software that you wish to keep.
  • Repeat this for any secondary files or folder(s) that belong to the software.

If you want to allow the program to connect to the Internet, for example to fetch updates, also add an exclusion of the type Allow an application to connect to the internet and use the Browse button to select the file you wish to grant access.

Edited by Porthos

17 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I cant tell you but it is your computer and you are welcome to run it and take a risk. I never run any cleaners and my computer runs just like the day I installed Windows.

What if I want to keep CleanMyPC?

Should users wish to keep this program and exclude it from being detected in future scans, they can add the program to the exclusions list. Here’s how to do it.

• Open Malwarebytes for Windows.
  • Click the Detection History
  • Click the Allow List
  • To add an item to the Allow List, click Add.
  • Select the exclusion type Allow a file or folder and use the Select a folder button to select the main folder for the software that you wish to keep.
  • Repeat this for any secondary files or folder(s) that belong to the software.

If you want to allow the program to connect to the Internet, for example to fetch updates, also add an exclusion of the type Allow an application to connect to the internet and use the Browse button to select the file you wish to grant access.

I do understand the risk and have been using CMPC for 5 years now risk free. Everyone runs, maintains their system to their needs. Some less than others. I do thank you for the concern.

I guess my concern is if one has done this on step the first day it happened. Then why is one still getting notifications about the risk.

Add to the Allow List in Malwarebytes for Windows v4

Also after a scan detects a program you wish to keep.

To exclude these items you need to perform a scan (a Threat scan or Hyper scan should do) and then at the end when it shows the list of detections, uncheck any item that you do not want removed and click Next.  When prompted on what to do with the remaining unchecked items, select Ignore Always and they will be added to your exclusions and will no longer be detected by future scans.