error code 732 (0,0)

Welcome to Malwarebytes! Please set IE to work on-line not off line

See this thread: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=24605

Follow these instructions: to update you up to version 1.41

please try a clean tool below, remove the program and re-install again

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-clean.exe

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray and run a Quick Scan.

Double check your IE please to make sure its in the on-line mode

Please post back and let us know how things went.. regards..

EDIT: Set your IE for no proxy and to accept Lan Settings auto...

Hi Sailing Nut,

Can you please be more specific about what you have tried? Your description doesn't really tell us anything so that we can move on to the next step(s) to advise you. Please start out here and follow the steps. They are suitable for your version of the program.

More than 90% of the time, the problem is resolved either by setting exclusions in your Anti-Virus and/or Firewall, and then making sure that Internet Explorer is not set to offline mode and not using any proxies.

Have you tried the clean removal and re-installation process outlined above?

Hi Sailing Nut,

Can you please be more specific about what you have tried? Your description doesn't really tell us anything so that we can move on to the next step(s) to advise you. Please start out here and follow the steps. They are suitable for your version of the program.

More than 90% of the time, the problem is resolved either by setting exclusions in your Anti-Virus and/or Firewall, and then making sure that Internet Explorer is not set to offline mode and not using any proxies.

Have you tried the clean removal and re-installation process outlined above?

Thanks for the pointer to the steps to try! That will make it easier for me to go through things. (And probably easier on you since I'll probably fix the problem along the way! ;) )

I'll let you know how it works out for me!

I finally got around to trying the information in the "common problems" thread.

The only one that applied to me was the registry setting. Unfortunately that did not solve my problem.

I am unable to add an exception into my firewall because it is remotely managed by our IT department. However I don't think this is the problem becasue I used TcpView and saw it attempting to connect to our proxy server.

@ Sailing_Nut

There's really not much we can do if you're not in control of the box. If your company is licensed, they can ask for support at corporate@malwarebytes.org. and we'll be more than happy to assist them. Otherwise, according to the EULA, even the free version of MBAM is only free for personal use, and not in any type of corporate or business environment.