videoprojectslauncher.exe help

Hello. I got a false negative videoprojectslauncher.exe, but for some reason I cannot restore the file. It says access is denied. Someone from staff told me that he foun some errors in my logs. Is this virus related? I'm also running AVG

"Not sure why is that happening but I've spotted some failures in your logs. "

Error: (06/14/2020 07:43:16 PM) (Source: Application Error) (EventID: 1000) (User: )
Description: Faulting application name: MBAMService.exe, version: 3.2.0.890, time stamp: 0x5e4bfca6
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.815, time stamp: 0xb29ecf52
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x000000000003c43a
Faulting process id: 0xeec
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6416603b8d110
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: d65634e4-3222-4024-b238-72df1875a52a
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Error: (06/26/2020 11:04:55 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7031) (User: )
Description: The Malwarebytes Service service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 3 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 5000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

mbst-grab-results.zip

Hello.

There is one item in the Quarantine area of Malwarebytes;   but you need to be able to Open the program in order to "see" it or do anything for it.

Quarantine Information
==================================
2020-07-03T00:03:21Z | C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2020.20060.19005.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\VIDEOPROJECTSLAUNCHER.EXE [file | Malware.Generic.3322094241]

Q:  Is there any other means for you to get a new copy of VIDEOPROJECTSLAUNCHER.EXE

You appear to be logged in with an Administrator-level account, so that ought to allow you all access rights.

Could yu possibly see if you could ( temporarily ) exit out of AVG antivirus ?     [ in the hope that that will help some ]

[   2   ]

Could you please make sure that Malwarebytes for Windows is all up to date.

Start Malwarebytes.   Click Settings icon at the top.   Look for the General tab.

Next click the button " Check for Updates ".

12 hours ago, Maurice Naggar said:

Hello.

There is one item in the Quarantine area of Malwarebytes;   but you need to be able to Open the program in order to "see" it or do anything for it.

Quarantine Information
==================================
2020-07-03T00:03:21Z | C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2020.20060.19005.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\VIDEOPROJECTSLAUNCHER.EXE [file | Malware.Generic.3322094241]

Q:  Is there any other means for you to get a new copy of VIDEOPROJECTSLAUNCHER.EXE

You appear to be logged in with an Administrator-level account, so that ought to allow you all access rights.

Could yu possibly see if you could ( temporarily ) exit out of AVG antivirus ?     [ in the hope that that will help some ]

[   2   ]

Could you please make sure that Malwarebytes for Windows is all up to date.

Start Malwarebytes.   Click Settings icon at the top.   Look for the General tab.

Next click the button " Check for Updates ".

Thank you for your reply. MB is up to date. I already deleted the file. I ran multiple tests with AVG and MB, they all came out clear. Can you please confirm that I dont have viruses on my system?

Good afternoon.   You indicate that you have deleted the file.    ok.

[  and by the way, there is no need to click on the Quote spot when starting your own reply.  It is only you and myself on this thread.   You just simply start typing into the white box at the bottom of the forum page.  ]

As far as scanning the system for infections,  let's start with a scan by Malwarebytes for Windows.

Please do a new Scan on this machine, using Malwarebytes for Windows.

To run a Threat Scan, open Malwarebytes for Windows and click the blue Scan button.

Have patience during the run.

When the scan phase is done, be real sure you Review and have all detected lines items check-marked on each line on the left. That too is very critical.

Then click on Quarantine selected.

Then, locate the Scan run report;  export out a copy;  & then attach in with your  reply.

See https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038479194-View-Reports-and-History-in-Malwarebytes-for-Windows-v4

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you