runcleanscript

on the malwarebytes log that I posted last night in the false positives. when I scanned and allowed it to be removed to quarantine. I kept getting the malwarebytes pop up from the UAC when I restarted the computer that said mbam.exe/runcleanupscript. I had to take the program off to get that to stop. what was the reason for it doing that to begin with?

• Root Admin

It appears to be a minor issue that was missed when we released 1.41. Only users on Vista/Windows 7 with the UAC enabled notice it so we didn't seem to get any feedback on it until it was released and a lot more people started using it. We can run a small command line to remove that entry in the Registry but it's been fixed for the next release already.

• Root Admin

There are posts here on the board about it, but from what I gather on Vista and Windows 7 Microsoft changed the value of that so all MBAM is doing is reporting that it has changed from default. If you want to set it back the let MBAM fix it, if not then put it on the ignore list.

• 1 month later...
It appears to be a minor issue that was missed when we released 1.41. Only users on Vista/Windows 7 with the UAC enabled notice it so we didn't seem to get any feedback on it until it was released and a lot more people started using it. We can run a small command line to remove that entry in the Registry but it's been fixed for the next release already.

I got this same problem too, using Windows 7. How do I get rid of it, or do I have to reinstall 1.41 everytime this happens? Thanks.