Anti-virus and internet security compatibility

I have been using Malwarebytes for several years and I'm quite pleased with the product. My current ISP provides F-Secure Anti-virus and internet security, and I has been working well with Malwarebytes. I am changing ISP's and will have to get my own anti-virus and internet security suite. What is Malwarebytes recommendations on which product to use? Or if there are any to stay away from please let me know as well. Bit Defender seems to be highly rated, but I have seen some forum posts that it and Malwarebytes have some conflicts.

Greetings,

While there have been some past issues with some versions of Bitdefender, I do not believe there are any conflicts with their latest offerings.  That said, I do know that there are currently conflicts with the latest Kaspersky products so I'd advise staying away from them at least until the issues are resolved.

Beyond that, you could potentially just run Malwarebytes with Windows Defender which is included with Windows 10 (or install Microsoft Security Essentials if you're running Windows 7), just be sure to disable the option in Malwarebytes for having Malwarebytes register with the Windows Security Center, otherwise Windows Defender will disable itself automatically.

Whatever AV/IS product you choose, it would be a good idea to exclude the items listed in this support article to get the best performance and lowest chance of any conflicts or issues, and you can exclude your AV's main program folder (likely located under C:\Program Files and/or C:\Program Files (x86)) from Malwarebytes using the method described under the Allow a file or folder section of this support article and do the same for your AV's primary data folder, likely located under C:\ProgramData.

I hope this helps and if there is anything else we might assist you with please let us know.

Thanks