Manually Quaranteen

Hi,

I am a mere user, and have been reading about potentially bad files. I looked at LaunchAgents, and found something that isn't malware, but I don't think I need or want and seems like a privacy concern. What I saw are citrixonline, and logmein. Both apparently for GoToMeeting, which I don't use. Logmein appears to facillitate remote access. Yikes.

My question is, can I tell Malwarebytes to quarantine those files? My thinking is that they will be inoperable (safe), but if it turns out that something I use needs them, I can release them from quarantine later.

Thanks,

Greg

You can only tell Malwarebytes to quarantine files that it has determined are malware or PUPs. Is Malwarebytes detecting these or did you just observe them visually? If the latter, then the answer is no.

Apparently you have used GoToMeeting at some time in the past or those files wouldn't be there. There should be little to no privacy concerns as long as you have not launched the GoToMeeting app and joined an unknown meeting, but since you say you don't use it your best bet is to uninstall it in accordance with these instructions: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/uninstall-gotomeeting-g2m080001.

After reviewing those instructions, it's obvious that it won't eliminate LogMeIn and it's files, so also check these instructions: https://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-do-I-uninstall-LogMeIn-for-Mac-manually and manually check to see if any of these Citrix files are still present:

• /Library/CitrixOnline
  • /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/CitrixOnlineWebDeploymentPlugin.plugin
  • /Library/LaunchAgents/com.citrixonline.GoToMeeting.G2MUpdate.plist
Edited by alvarnell

Thanks Alvarnell,
I visually found those files by searching ~/library/LaunchAgent (I think that is right). That is apparently a profile level folder for applications that automatically start.
So yes, they are not malware, and were not quarantined by MB. They are legitimate programs, but I'd rather be rid of them.
You answered my question, AND offered suggestions/links which was very helpful.
Also, I have figured out how to spell quarantine along the way, ha ha.

Thanks again for the help!