Multiple issues

jclfc

Hi,

I'm having strange trouble with my computer. Not only will any anti virus/malware software not run/scan properly, when I try to reload it I am told I do not have the correct privlidges to run. I have tried everything including MBAM, AVG, Root Repeal, HJT, Gmer, Combofix etc...

Also, I cannot download anything. Files will reach 100% downloaded, but then after a window pops up saying 'copying', the download box vanishes and there has been no file saved.

Bizzarely, MSN also intsantly signs me out.

I also have these issues in Safe Mode and I am using VISTA.

I did manage to get this HJT log two nights ago -

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2

Scan saved at 23:58:49, on 03/09/2009

Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16890)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPS\mpsevh.exe

C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe

C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe

C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE

c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe

C:\Program Files\Unlocker\UnlockerAssistant.exe

C:\Windows\tsnpstd3.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe

C:\Windows\vsnpstd3.exe

C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatchTray9.exe

C:\Program Files\PowerISO\PWRISOVM.EXE

C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe

C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD DX\PDVDDXSrv.exe

C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe

C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\mskagent.exe

C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe

C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe

C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe

C:\Windows\FixCamera.exe

C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe

C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe

C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe

C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe

C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe

C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe

C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe

C:\Program Files\Windows Mail\WinMail.exe

C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\CPSHelpRunner.exe

C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Toolbar\wltuser.exe

c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\msc\mcuimgr.exe

C:\Windows\system32\wuauclt.exe

C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.google.co.uk/ig/dell?hl=en&...amp;ibd=5071027

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/ig/dell?hl=en&...amp;ibd=5071027

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.google.co.uk/ig/dell?hl=en&...amp;ibd=5071027

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Internet Explorer provided by Dell

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =

O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: Search Helper - {6EBF7485-159F-4bff-A14F-B9E3AAC4465B} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\Search Helper\SEPsearchhelperie.dll

O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - c:\program files\mcafee\virusscan\scriptcl.dll

O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll

O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll (file missing)

O2 - BHO: Browser Address Error Redirector - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - C:\Program Files\Dell\BAE\BAE.dll

O2 - BHO: Java

Okay guys, so most of the problems seem to have been resolved now - but I still cannot download anything!

If I attempt to download any kind of file, it will reach 100% downloaded and then the box just disappears (yes, even when close this window when downloaded is completed box is unchecked) and there is no file to be to found.

Anyone have any ideas?

• Staff

Hi and welcome to Malwarebytes.

Let's make sure all of the malware is gone, then we'll address any lingering issues.

Please use the Internet Explorer browser and click here to use the F-Secure Online Scanner.

• Click Start Scanning.
  • You should get a notification bar (on top) to install the ActiveX control.
  • Click on it and select to install the ActiveX.
  • Once the ActiveX is installed, you should accept the License terms by clicking OK below to start the scan.
  • In case you are having problems with installing the ActiveX/starting the scan, please read here.
  • Click the Full System Scan button.
  • It will start to download scanner components and databases. This can take a while.
  • The main scan will start.
  • Once the scan has finished scanning, click the Automatic cleaning (recommended) button
  • It could be possible that your firewall gives an alert - allow it, because that's a connection you establish to submit infected files to F-Secure.
  • The cleaning can take a while, so please be patient.
  • Then click the Show report button and Copy/Paste what is present under results in your next reply.

Next, download my Security Check from here or here.

• Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

Let me know how things are running now and what issues remain.

-screen317

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!