Malwarebytes scan freezes

I have been using malwarebytes for nearly a year now, with a few items detected & removed, and no problems running the program or getting updates.

Since I updated malwarebytes to 1.40, it has frozen on 6 attempted whole scans

but quick scans work and find no problems

" 29:57

objects scanned 38506

curently scanning

C:\search\data\apps\windows\projects\SystemIndex\SecStore CiSt0000.002 "

uninstalled malwarebytes , reboot, reinstalled

it froze again at the same file, several times.

I deleted the file & ran scan again this time it stopped at the previous file,

C:\search\data\apps\windows\projects\SystemIndex\SecStore CiSt0000.001

I deleted the all (2) files in the folder & ran scan again.

froze again at the folder before

C:\search\data\apps\windows\projects\SystemIndex\

uninstalled Windows Search and malwarebytes, reinstalled malwarebytes,

It froze again after about 26 minutes.

My system

Windows XP service pack 2 with all critical updates

Other security pgms installed & up to date

Spybot

AVG free

Adaware

all of these find no problems.

regards

harold land

Hi and welcome to the forum! :D

Scan and post logs - read note at bottom in green

If you're having Malware related issues with your computer that you're unable to resolve.

1. Please read and follow the instructions provided here: I'm infected - What do I do now?

2. If needed please post your logs in a NEW topic here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs

3. When posting logs please do not use any Quote, Code, or other tags. Please copy/paste directly into your post and do not attach files unless requested.

* Please do not post any logs in the General forum. We do not work on any logs posted in the General forum.

* Please do not install any software or use any removal/scanning tool except for those you're requested to run by the Helper that will assist you.

* Using these other tools often makes the cleanup task more difficult and time consuming.

* If you have already submitted for assistance at one of the other support sites on the Internet then you should not post a new log here, you should stay working with the Helper from that site until the issue is resolved.

* Do not assume you're clean because you don't see something in the logs. Please wait until the person assisting you provides feedback.

* There are often many others that require asistance as well, so please be patient. If no one has responded within 48 hours then please go ahead and post a request for review

* NOTE: If for some reason you're unable to run some or any of the tools in the first link, then skip that step and move on to the next one. If you can't even run HijackThis, then just proceed and post a NEW topic as shown in the second link describing your issues and someone will assist you as soon as they can.

• Root Admin

Please try the following first:

You may have corrupted files on your disk. Please try running the following.

First close ALL Applications as this routine will automatically restart your computer.

Click on START - RUN and copy / paste the following entry into the box and click OK

CMD /C ECHO Y|CHKDSK C: /F | SHUTDOWN /R /T 30

Download and install CCleaner
  • CCleaner
  • Double-click on the downloaded file "ccsetup223_slim.exe" and install the application.
  • Keep the default installation folder "C:\Program Files\CCleaner"
  • Click finish when done and close ALL PROGRAMS
  • Start the CCleaner program.
  • Click on Registry and Uncheck Registry Integrity so that it does not run (basically the very top, uncheck it)
  • Click on Options - Advanced and Uncheck "Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours"
  • Click back to Cleaner and under SYSTEM uncheck the Memory Dumps and Windows Log Files
  • Click on Run Cleaner button on the bottom right side of the program.
  • Click OK to any prompts

If you're still having freezing issues then go ahead and create a NEW post in the HJT forum as prairie dog posted about.

Thank you.