I am having a similar problem,

I am having a similar problem, it's a nightmare. When I try to let it boot normally it just wont fully boot. You see the XP (SP2) screen then quickly flashes the Blue Screen of Death, and then restarts the computer. It does that over and over if you let it.

Some of the things that the puter is doing (in Safe Mode with Networking):

IE does not work. It wont open at all. All antivirus/antispyware software gets shut down when you start scanning

HijackThis

Runscanner

Malwarebytes

root repeal

norton

combo fix-this one installed and then gave me an error msg-some files could not be created. Please close all apps, reboot windown

etc

Icons dont work after you try to run any given program. Message is: windows cannot access the specified decive, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to acces the item. seems like the virus/spyware shuts it down and then keeps it from running somehow.

Firefox browser hijacked (imagine that). It opens, but when you try to do a search in google it re-routes itself to google-analytic.com, which then re-routes it to some bogus search engine - www.wewewesearch.com or some shyt like that.

I have been working on this for 3 days. I ran my backup software which helped a little. I am not getting the popups that i was getting when it all started. I was getting the Windows Security popup window as well as antispyware pops, etc. i am usually good at removing crap like this, but this is a very different animal. It;s obviously memory resident. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!!!

• Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!