Trojan:097m/dplink.a. severe issue

Hey @AdvancedSetup, I'm posting this here because I think I had/have the same problem as jennytefft; I had Windows Defender detect a file in my user settings as "Trojan:O97M.DPlink.A," which it deleted and I haven't gotten any further detections since yesterday, however Malwarebytes never detected this file despite having run a full scan using it first. I posted this detection to the Microsoft Community and asked if it was a false positive, but I never got a definitive yes or no. The file in question is a file called "ControlPanel.settingcontent-ms" which is found in the "C:\Users\..........\AppData\Local\Packages\windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Indexed\Settings\en-US" folder. As far as I could tell, the file in question is just something that helps the user access the control panel from the settings menu. I have my screenshot of my detection which is in the same folder that most people have been finding this Trojan. I hope this helps!

I have a more in-depth description of what happened (since I posted this question to Microsoft Community), but I'm going to open my own thread for those questions so I'm not hijacking another's post.

Capture.PNG

• Root Admin

Thanks @Sorr

The original user in the other topic posted a log showing that our Business version of Malwarebytes was the one causing the threat to that file. Why I'm asking to get more information than just the path.
Are you running Malwarebytes 3 on your system or the business version 1.80 ?

Thanks

Malwarebytes Premium Version 3 (3.5.1.2522; Components: 1.0.374; Update: 1.0.5789)

If it helps, I did post another thread with a more detailed explanation of what exactly happened in the Windows Malware Removal Help & Support subforum titled, "Trojan:O97M/DPlink.A file infection". That thread details eveything that I did yesterday and my current questions now.

Here you are:

ActionSuccess                  : True
AdditionalActionsBitMask       : 0
AMProductVersion               : 4.18.1806.18062
CleaningActionID               : 3
CurrentThreatExecutionStatusID : 0
DetectionID                    : {9017505B-A0DD-4B66-B8A1-201B131AE3F8}
DetectionSourceTypeID          : 1
DomainUser                     : DESKTOP-QCM0VIU\Stephen
InitialDetectionTime           : 7/4/2018 4:26:03 PM
LastThreatStatusChangeTime     : 7/4/2018 4:27:29 PM
ProcessName                    : Unknown
RemediationTime                : 7/4/2018 4:27:29 PM
Resources                      : {file:_C:\Users\Stephen\AppData\Local\Packages\windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2tx
                                 yewy\LocalState\Indexed\Settings\en-US\ControlPanel.settingcontent-ms, file:_C:\Window
                                 s.old\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\Settings\ControlPanel.settingcontent-ms, file:_C:\
                                 Windows.old\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-s..ngs-searchdataother_31bf3856ad36
                                 4e35_10.0.14393.0_none_91dae98fc47b5ff8\ControlPanel.settingcontent-ms}
ThreatID                       : 2147727924
ThreatStatusErrorCode          : 0
ThreatStatusID                 : 4
PSComputerName                 :

Sorry it's so discombobulating!

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks