computer recognizes MBAM site as malicious

My computer recently got a virus after I went on a shady website when clicking a link(I thought it would lead to a pdf) which caused it to shut down whenever I would boot it up.

what constantly causes the crash was a program called swissarmy.sys, which apparently is part of MBAM. I deleted it with the help of a program and my computer was running again, but whenever i'd start MBAM my computer would crash. I decided to deinstall it and redownload the premium version. Now, whenever I open the download page I get a warning from Google that cybercriminals are potentially trying to steal my stuff. Anyone else got this problem?

PS: I downloaded Spyhunter 5 which said that I have searchgol.com in my browser, but it isn't my search engine and it shows no signs of being on my browser

Hello zeersaaieaccountn and welcome to Malwarebytes,

Continue with the following:

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Alternative download option: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/6731-farbar-recovery-scan-tool.html

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system (32 bit or 64 bit). If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

If your security alerts to FRST either, accept the alert or turn your security off to allow FRST to run. It is not malicious or infected in any way...

Be aware FRST must be run from an account with Administrator status...

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.(Windows 8/10 users will be prompted about Windows SmartScreen protection - click More information and Run.)
  • Make sure Addition.txt is checkmarked under "Optional scans"
    user posted image

• Press Scan button to run the tool....
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The tool will also make a log named (Addition.txt) Please attach that log to your reply.

Let me see those logs in your reply...

Thank you,

Kevin....

Ah, fair enough. The problem I'm facing is that whenever I want to download the now legal and bought version I cant access the site due to chrome saying it is potentially a phishing site. My IT guy/friend hooked me up with the previous software when I bought the computer and I assumed it was the free but less advanced version. I have bought antimalware today and could show proof(if there is a safe way to do so). The problem is that i cant access my bought version due to google blocking me. If you don't think you can solve the problem due to it being caused by an apparently cracked version or if you don't want to help further due to my previous version being illegal that's fine. If you think it has something to do with something outside of my previous version and if you want to help me on my quest to retrieve my now legally bought version of antimalware than that would be great. It might be safe and just a problem with google, but I'd rather not try messing with potentially losing valuable info to random people until I'm sure the site is safe. I hope to hear soon if you change your mind, if you're not able to fix it or if you stand by your decision. 

Ok i understand your predicament, try the following:

Download attached fixlist.txt file (end of reply) and save it to the Desktop, or the folder you saved FRST into. "Do not open that file when running FRST fix"
NOTE. It's important that both FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Open FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) or the folder it was ran from. Please post it to your reply.

Next,

Make fresh install of Goole Chrome Browser:

If your Chrome Bookmarks are important do this first:

Go to this link: http://www.wikihow.com/Export-Bookmarks-from-Chrome follow the instructions and Export your Bookmarks from Chrome, save to your Desktop or similar. Note the instructions can also be used to Import the bookmarks.....

Continue for a clean install:

Download Chrome installer and save to install later: https://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html https://www.google.com/intl/en_usa/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html

Next,

Open Chrome and sign into your account, open a new tab and type or copy paste chrome://settings/syncSetup hit enter...

In the new window that opens "Sync everthing" will probably be selected, scroll down to and select "Managed sync data on Google Dashboard"

A new window will open, scroll down to and select "Reset Sync" that will clear synced data from Google Server...

Continue to next step to completely Uninstall Chrome....

Next.

Uninstall Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95319?hl=en-GB follow those instructions, ensure the option to "Also delete your browsing data" is selected. <<--- Very important!!

Navigate to C:\Users\Your user name\Appdata\Local from that folder delete the folder named Google (you will need to show hidden files/folders to see the folder Appdata)

For XP that will be My Computer > C:\ Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Application Data\Roaming

How to show hidden files and folders for windows: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/show-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-vista/

Next,

Install Google Chrome :

Next,

Import your Bookmarks... (instructions in the first step)

Next,

Install uBlock Origin for Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm?hl=en

Next,

Totally Remove Malwarebytes from your system:

Download the latest version of MB-Clean by clicking this link: https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean save to your Desktop, or a folder of your choice.

• Close all open applications
  • Double-click and run mb-clean.exe
  • A prompt with an option to clean up the system will appear:

Yes - will proceed with backing up the license key (Malwarebytes 3.x only) and initiating the cleanup process. (Recommended)
No - will exit the utility

Once the cleanup process is completed, a prompt will appear:

Yes – will proceed and post reboot you will be prompted to continue with the downloading, installation and activation of latest version of Malwarebytes 3.x (Recommended)
No – will exit the utility and you will not be prompted (post reboot) to download, reinstall and re-activate (Not Recommended)

We recommend rebooting immediately. Additionally, stopping at this step is not recommended and will most likely not resolve your issue(s).

Upon reboot, a prompt will appear:

Yes - will download, install and activate the latest version of Malwarebytes 3.x (Recommended)
No - will exit the utility and the cleanup process is complete...

Next,

If Malwarebytes install works see if it will scan successfully:

Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

• On the Settings tab > Protection Scroll to and make sure the following are selected:

Scan for Rootkits
    Scan within Archives

• Scroll further to Potential Threat Protection make sure the following are set as follows:
    Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP`s) set as :- Always detect PUP`s (recommended)
    Potentially Unwanted Modifications (PUM`s) set as :- Alwaysdetect PUM`s (recommended)

• Click on the Scan make sure Threat Scan is selected,
  • A Threat Scan will begin.
  • When the scan is complete if anything is found make sure that the first checkbox at the top is checked (that will automatically check all detected items), then click on the Quarantine Selected Tab
  • If asked to restart your computer to complete the removal, please do so
  • When complete click on Export Summary after deletion (bottom-left corner) and select Copy to Clipboard.
  • Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.
  • After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more to retrieve the log.

To get the log from Malwarebytes do the following:

• Click on the Reports tab > from main interface.
  • Double click on the Scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.
  • Click Export > From export you have two options:
    Copy to Clipboard - if seleted right click to your reply and select "Paste" log will be pasted to your reply
    Text file (*.txt) - if selected you will have to name the file and save to a place of choice, recommend "Desktop" then attach to reply

• Use "Copy to Clipboard, then Right click to your reply > select "Paste" that will copy the log to your reply…

Let me see the produced logs..

Thank you,

Kevin..

fixlist.txt

everything has worked according to the guide you gave me but when i ran the mb-cleanup it did not take me further then the first command. It doesn't seem like it could detect anything according to the results file, i suspect its because of one of 2 things:

1. my previous version wasn't legal

2. I uninstalled the program before consulting the forum and that deleted everything perfectly. It cant get past the first cleanup command because everything is already gone(since there is no MB-key to save it skipped the option and everyting after it)

m b-clean-results.txt

Fixlog.txt

should I try and continue with the guide? It would skip this part:

''Once the cleanup process is completed, a prompt will appear:

Yes – will proceed and post reboot you will be prompted to continue with the downloading, installation and activation of latest version of Malwarebytes 3.x (Recommended)

No – will exit the utility and you will not be prompted (post reboot) to download, reinstall and re-activate (Not Recommended)

We recommend rebooting immediately. Additionally, stopping at this step is not recommended and will most likely not resolve your issue(s).

Upon reboot, a prompt will appear:

Yes - will download, install and activate the latest version of Malwarebytes 3.x (Recommended)

No - will exit the utility and the cleanup process is complete...''

If i can continue with no problem then id like to know what the best place is to download anti-malware. I have already rebooted after the scan(even though it seemed to have done nothing)

Thanks for your help so far!

Joël

Thanks for the logs and update Joel, I guess a fresh install of Malwarebytes should work just fine, no need to continue with the ceanup tool.

Download Malwarebytes version 3 from the following link:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/

Double click on the installer and follow the prompts. If necessary select the Blue Help tab for video instructions....

When the install completes do the following:

Open Malwarebytes, select > "settings" > "protection tab"

Scroll down to "Scan Options" ensure Scan for Rootkits and Scan within Archives are both on....

Go back to "DashBoard" select the Blue "Scan Now" tab......

When the scan completes deal with any found entries...

To get the log from Malwarebytes do the following:

• Click on the Report tab > from main interface.
  • Double click on the Scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.
  • Click Export > From export you have two options:
    Copy to Clipboard - if seleted right click to your reply and select "Paste" log will be pasted to your reply
    Text file (*.txt) - if selected you will have to name the file and save to a place of choice, recommend "Desktop" then attach to reply

• Please use "Copy to Clipboard, then Right click to your reply > select "Paste" that will copy the log to your reply…

Thanks,

Kevin..

well, nothing was found, but chrome didn't see the installing website as a threat so somethings definitely fixed. Does uBlock prevent phishing?

Thanks for all the help! Feels a lot safer to purchase stuff online now knowing its quite unlikely that people are watching. Unless there's anything else I'm supposed to do, I'm going to enjoy the steam sale.

Thanks again for understanding and helping!

Joël

Can I send you something over IDeal? I don't have PayPal...

Here's the report just in case you like reading reports (about no viruses) 

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Log Details-
Scan Date: 7/2/18
Scan Time: 8:53 PM
Log File: 2c8639fa-7e29-11e8-b1d6-507b9d46b08b.json
Administrator: Yes

-Software Information-
Version: 3.5.1.2522
Components Version: 1.0.374
Update Package Version: 1.0.5731
License: Premium

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: JOELS-ZEER-COOL\joelb

-Scan Summary-
Scan Type: Threat Scan
Scan Initiated By: Manual
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 335906
Threats Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)
Threats Quarantined: 0
Time Elapsed: 5 min, 48 sec

-Scan Options-
Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Enabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Detect
PUM: Detect

-Scan Details-
Process: 0

Module: 0

Registry Key: 0

Registry Value: 0

Registry Data: 0

Data Stream: 0

Folder: 0

File: 0

Physical Sector: 0

WMI: 0

(end)

Thanks for the update and log, unless you have any remaining issues or concerns do the following to clean up:

Right click on FRST here: C:\Users\joelb\DownloadsFRST64.exe and rename to uninstall.exe when complete right click on uninstall.exe and select "Run as Administrator"

If you do not see the .exe appended that is because file extensions are hidden, in that case just rename FRST64 to uninstall

That action will remove FRST and all created files and folders...

Next,

Remove all System Restore Points: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/33593-delete-system-restore-points-windows-10-a.html#option2

Create clean fresh Restore Point: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/create-system-restore-point

From there you should be good to go... Regarding a donation, please post a couple $ to your local charity, it would have gone to my local charity if you`d used paypal....

Next,

Read the following links to fully understand PC Security and Best Practices, you may find them useful....

Answers to Common Security Questions and best Practices

Do I need a Registry Cleaner?

Take care and surf safe

Kevin... user posted image

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks