Clean Up

RonB

Hello RonB and welcome to Malwarebytes,

Close out AdwCleaner, if it will not close select Ctrl - Alt - Delete keys to open Taskmanager, select AdwCleaner under "Processes" tab the select "End Task" close out Taskmanager..

Uninstall SpyHunter and reboot.

Open AdwCleaner again, see if it will now run successfully....

Thank you,

Kevin...

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your help. I tried to do a Ctrl- Alt-Delete but was signed off so was unable to do so. Once the computer had restarted I did another scan and a clean then everything worked properly and I got rid of five PUP's. I still have not been able to uninstall Spy Hunter, is it necessary to do so and if yes, how do I get to it please? Please bear in mind I am not a computer expert and would be pleased if you could send your instructions in not a heavy technical jargon. Being 86 doesn't help either.

Kind regards,

RonB 

Hello RonB,

SpyHunter really should be removed from your system, if it will not uninstall maybe we can remove it another way. Run the following and post the two produced logs....

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Alternative download option: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/6731-farbar-recovery-scan-tool.html

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system (32 bit or 64 bit). If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

If your security alerts to FRST either, accept the alert or turn your security off to allow FRST to run. It is not malicious or infected in any way...

Be aware FRST must be run from an account with Administrator status...

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.(Windows 8/10 users will be prompted about Windows SmartScreen protection - click More information and Run.)
  • Make sure Addition.txt is checkmarked under "Optional scans"
    user posted image

• Press Scan button to run the tool....
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The tool will also make a log named (Addition.txt) Please attach that log to your reply.

Thank you,

Kevin..

Hi Kevin,

I have done as you requested and tried to attach the relevant file but it was not accepted so I created a new M's Doc and pasted it on that. I stored the result in my note pad? Perhaps you could tell me where I find your replies, I log in but cannot find your replies and have to fiddle about trying to get the reply? Once I have used the site a bit more, it will become easy.

Cheers,

RonB

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

New Microsoft Word Document (7).docx

New Microsoft Word Document (7).docx

There is no reference to SpyHunter in your logs. FRST.txt and Addition.txt logs are posted perfectly alright, there was no need to add additional MS Document copies....

My replies to you always appear in your thread, you should receive an email when I make a reply. If you are logged on to Malwarebytes Forum you should also see a notification..

Continue:

Download attached fixlist.txt file (end of reply) and save it to the Desktop, or the folder you saved FRST into. "Do not open that file when running FRST fix"
NOTE. It's important that both FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Open FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) or the folder it was ran from. Please post it to your reply.

Next,

Download Malwarebytes version 3 from the following link:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/

Double click on the installer and follow the prompts. If necessary select the Blue Help tab for video instructions....

When the install completes and is updated do the following:

Open Malwarebytes, select > "settings" > "protection tab"

Scroll down to "Scan Options" ensure Scan for Rootkits and Scan within Archives are both on....

Go back to "DashBoard" select the Blue "Scan Now" tab......

When the scan completes deal with any found entries...

To get the log from Malwarebytes do the following:

• Click on the Report tab > from main interface.
  • Double click on the Scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.
  • Click Export > From export you have two options:
    Copy to Clipboard - if seleted right click to your reply and select "Paste" log will be pasted to your reply
    Text file (*.txt) - if selected you will have to name the file and save to a place of choice, recommend "Desktop" then attach to reply

• Please use "Copy to Clipboard, then Right click to your reply > select "Paste" that will copy the log to your reply…

Let me see those logs in your eplies, also tell me if there are any remaining issues or concerns...

Thank you,

Kevin..

fixlist.txt

Hi Kevin,

I have attached the fix log but cannot go any further as the Fabar Recovery Bar is not responding, see attached. I have told the programme to wait for the programme to respond? See attached. I will make a coffee and if it has not responded by then, I will shut it down. I will go to the next step downloading Malwarebytes version 3.

Cheers,

Ron

Fixlog.txt

Capture2.JPG

Hi Kevin,

I closed the previous programme and installed Malwarebytes, did the scan, exported the log also the quarantine report. Hopefully you will have all the info you need? Do you think Malwarebytes will interfere with Norton if I have both systems on my computer please?

Malwarebytes quarantine scan report.txt

Fixlog.txt

Scan and quarantine report 2.txt

Malwarebytes should run along side Norton.. Can you run another scan with Malwarebytes, make sure to enable scan for rootkits..

Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

• On the Settings tab > Protection Scroll to and make sure the following are selected:

Scan for Rootkits

• Scroll further to Potential Threat Protection make sure the following are set as follows:
    Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP`s) set as :- Always detect PUP`s (recommended)
    Potentially Unwanted Modifications (PUM`s) set as :- Alwaysdetect PUM`s (recommended)

• Click on the Scan make sure Threat Scan is selected,
  • A Threat Scan will begin.
  • When the scan is complete if anything is found make sure that the first checkbox at the top is checked (that will automatically check all detected items), then click on the Quarantine Selected Tab
  • If asked to restart your computer to complete the removal, please do so
  • When complete click on Export Summary after deletion (bottom-left corner) and select Copy to Clipboard.
  • Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.
  • After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more to retrieve the log.

To get the log from Malwarebytes do the following:

• Click on the Reports tab > from main interface.
  • Double click on the Scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.
  • Click Export > From export you have two options:
    Copy to Clipboard - if seleted right click to your reply and select "Paste" log will be pasted to your reply
    Text file (*.txt) - if selected you will have to name the file and save to a place of choice, recommend "Desktop" then attach to reply

• Use "Copy to Clipboard, then Right click to your reply > select "Paste" that will copy the log to your reply…

Let me see that log, also let me know if there are any remaining issues or concerns...

Thank you,

Kevin

Thanks for the update Ron, good to hear your system is behaving as expected. One other point I`m starting to include in my close out is the need for a recovery drive, that is very easy to create but a custom version is a better choice. Have a read here:  https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/11769-create-provisioning-package-windows-10-a.html

Regards,

Kevin.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks