NEED HELP FINDING SOURCE OF BLOCKED SITES

• Staff

The sync feature has a lot to do with it.

Chromes the most popular browser so therefore there are more attempts to compromise it with adware.

Personally, I use FireFox, but none of the browsers are immune, so use the one you like the best.

Add an adblocker > www.ublock.org is a good one.

That will help to minimize exposure.

Right click and delete the FRST program and logs and you should be good to go.

REALLY appreciate your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This stuff was killing me and I'M an IT guy. I guess I should have thought of Uninstalling, but I wanted to try to find the root of the issue, not just uninstall it, lol. As long as it stays gone and I prevent it from coming back. I'm putting you on my Christmas list, Lol.....

• Staff

Trying to dig out the source from those user preferences is like trying to find a needle in a haystack, so it's best to delete them, uninstall then use an adblocker to minimize exposure and move on.

Then be careful about any extensions you choose to install, research them first.

Also when installing or updating programs, watch the installations carefully for any third party installs and be sure to opt out as they are always checked off to install by default

Personally I use ublock, but both are very good, use which one you prefer.

6 minutes ago, CatByte said:

Trying to dig out the source from those user preferences is like trying to find a needle in a haystack, so it's best to delete them, uninstall then use an adblocker to minimize exposure and move on.

Then be careful about any extensions you choose to install, research them first.

Also when installing or updating programs, watch the installations carefully for any third party installs and be sure to opt out as they are always checked off to install by default

Personally I use ublock, but both are very good, use which one you prefer.

Once again appreciate all the help and good advice.... Agreed with trying to find the mouse, just burn the barn down, lol. I am usually super careful, I must have had my pants down somewhere, lol. 

I'm going to try uBlock, been using Adblock Plus for so many years..

Thanks again! 

• Staff

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks