Bitdefender threat scanner .dmp

I have a problem that is just an annoyance and not any kind of threat I don't think.  I keep getting an error box message that Bitdefender threatscanner has a problem as the computer shuts down.  I deleted the .dmp file from the C:\windows\TEMP directory, but the file keeps getting rewritten apparently on boot up.  I've tried some of the "fixes" found on the web, to no avail.  I get the impression from what I've read that this may be related to having more than one virus program or that many antivirus programs use this bitdefender element. I have little expertise in this stuff.

I use Webroot antivirus on my computer also.  I did notice, though, that this error message occurred even after I had uninstalled Malwarebytes while trying to solve another problem.  I did install Bitdefender the antivirus software a long time ago, but I didn't like and have not used it in years. I have searched the registry for any mention of "bitdefender" and have found nothing.  It's a mystery how this file keeps popping up.  I did try to restore when I first noticed this, but the restore failed due to some antivirus issue as reported by Windows 10.

This just started happening about a week ago.  I can't really relate it to anything I have done that could have caused it.The file BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp is 0KB. Any ideas on this? 

I have posted in the Malwarebytes section because I'm not sure whether or not this problem may be due to conflicts with MB. Please move if too far off topic. Thanks.

bitdefender.PNG.d00ff23dd22893bc9fab7576cec475ea.PNG

Edited by Olowkow
Alignment, and added comment

3 hours ago, Olowkow said:

I did notice, though, that this error message occurred even after I had uninstalled Malwarebytes while trying to solve another problem.

That seems to rule out MBAM. This is a Bitdefender issue and appears on their support pages. You should take this Bitdefender. It seems your uninstall was not done cleanly.

However... if your Webroot AV uses Bitdefender as a scan engine, then start your quest there. 

Edited by Telos

9 hours ago, Telos said:

That seems to rule out MBAM. This is a Bitdefender issue and appears on their support pages. You should take this Bitdefender. It seems your uninstall was not done cleanly.

However... if your Webroot AV uses Bitdefender as a scan engine, then start your quest there. 

Thanks.

On 11/11/2017 at 9:41 AM, Telos said:

That is reported here:
https://www.safer-networking.org/faq/bitdefender-threat-scanner-dmp/

That site seems to be down for me today (was open yesterday).

The message they show at this site is precisely the one that I was receiving. What made it a particular nuisance was that clicking on "OK" or the CLOSE button did nothing. 

I found that suggested fix ( “SDAV.dll” file) and tried it early on when I was trying to solve the problem.  It did nothing to eliminate the error message being displayed on shutdown.  "You are strongly encouraged to send the file to the developers of 'the application'..."  Would have been nice if they had said which "application" to send the file to! LOL   I inquired at Bitdefender tech support and they knew right away that Spybot was the cause. Apparently "BitDefender" is an element used by other virus detection programs. Simple uninstall was not sufficient. I had to use Revo Uninstaller. 

bit.thumb.PNG.fc2c7a3d2c310b52ad653bef59805744.PNG

Edited by Olowkow
Add thought