Anyone having the 3.2.2 / XP / Firefox /Adobe Reader problem with MWB Free?

OK, I'm having a similar problem (which has its own topic) .
Fault occurred after waking from hibernation, with autoprotect off.
This seemed to work to quit MWB completely :

(a) Quit MWB from the taskbar.
(b) Ctrl-alt-del to get task manager, goto processes
(c) locate  mbamservice.exe
(d) stop it (right click or press del)
(e) test your programs work normally now
(f) start MWB

• 3 weeks later...

Hi JAA1, and welcome to the madhouse!  I started the thread with this title because I wanted to know whether I could downgrade to MWB Free to get rid of the problems (I have Free on my laptop, and fingers crossed, but ...), but it's been merged into my original one, just retaining this title.  I assume that wouldn't be an option for you since you seem to be in an IT department.  I quite agree about all the time wasted on this: it's been going on for weeks now.  I'm self-employed, and all the time I'm wasting on this is valuable working, income-bringing, time for me, so I am taking quite a hit financially and/or working longer hours to catch up, neither of which is good.

I'm glad you said 3.1.2 is stable: I think someone posted the link somewhere, so when I find out where it was I may well try that.  At the moment AVG is preventing me from even getting online at the office at all (yawn).  Fortunately I have another device I can use, but I can't work on that one.