Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


0 Neutral
  1. Okay, so a few days with the new update and the problem is still there. Still intermittent, but the same behavior.
  2. Okay, so had exploit protection turned off all week, no problems. The computers with self protection off but exploit protection on DID crash. So it appears the problem is definitely in the exploit protection part.
  3. One of the other computers I'm testing that had self protection turned off (but Exploit Protection on) glitched out today. The trick from earlier still worked, but apparently self protection wasn't the culprit... or maybe not the only culprit.
  4. Okay, I finally got to testing this. Will let you know how it goes. I'm a little loath to turn off exploit protection... it's one of the main reasons I bought the premium version.
  5. I'll try that next if this fails. So far, it's been running well on my computer since I disabled the self protection. I disabled it on the other two computers on my license, too, to see if they have the same result. EDIT: Or, you want me to re-enable self protection and disable exploit protection instead? I can give that a go. Probably tomorrow... I need to do some work tonight and I'd rather not deal with glitches if possible.
  6. Will do. A little further information before I reboot tonight: - This is only affected applications listed in Protected Applications. Other programs continue to open normally. - I tried letting MBAMService.exe terminate on its own while the problem was occurring, but 10 minutes later, it was still running. (Its used RAM dropped slightly, though).
  7. That's good to know, but when this glitch occurs, MBAMService.exe never terminates on its own. (I gave it a few minutes, anyway... normally it will self terminiate in under 15 seconds.) It seems to be as locked up as the other executables. There's a third XP system that's now being affected, too. I expect I'm going to have to roll them all back to 3.1 until this problem is resolved. Oh yeah, I also tried turning off the self-protection module while everything wasn't working. It didn't make a difference. Unless it needs to be off before it happens? I will leave it off for now and test.
  8. Okay, here's the MB log. Farbar crashed partway through scanning. I might try it again later. (Edit: Worked on the second attempt) mb-check-results.zip FRST.txt Addition.txt
  9. It doesn't matter. You have to right-click on Malwarebytes first and Quit the program, THEN kill MBAMService.exe. It stays off if Malwarebytes is closed.
  10. I'm not sure, it's very intermittent. I'll try disabling self-protection next time it happens.
  11. I've noticed this same issue (posted below). It's temporarily fixable by quitting Malwarebytes and then manually killing MBAMService.exe. Your stalled programs will open and then you can restart Malwarebytes.
  12. Which logs? Report Scans? Here's my last one: Malwarebytes www.malwarebytes.com -Log Details- Scan Date: 10/10/17 Scan Time: 12:37 PM Log File: 2012f8db-adea-11e7-9e41-406186eb6025.json Administrator: Yes -Software Information- Version: Components Version: 1.0.160 Update Package Version: 1.0.2988 License: Premium -System Information- OS: Windows XP Service Pack 3 CPU: x86 File System: NTFS User: System -Scan Summary- Scan Type: Threat Scan Result: Completed Objects Scanned: 393896 Threats Detected: 3 Threats Quarantined: 2 Time Elapsed: 58 min, 36 sec -Scan Options- Memory: Enabled Startup: Enabled Filesystem: Enabled Archives: Enabled Rootkits: Disabled Heuristics: Enabled PUP: Detect PUM: Detect -Scan Details- Process: 0 (No malicious items detected) Module: 0 (No malicious items detected) Registry Key: 0 (No malicious items detected) Registry Value: 0 (No malicious items detected) Registry Data: 3 PUM.Optional.DisabledSecurityCenter, HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\SECURITY CENTER|ANTIVIRUSDISABLENOTIFY, Replaced, [15720], [293294],1.0.2988 PUM.Optional.DisabledSecurityCenter, HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\SECURITY CENTER|FIREWALLDISABLENOTIFY, Replaced, [15720], [293295],1.0.2988 PUM.Optional.DisabledSecurityCenter, HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\SECURITY CENTER|UPDATESDISABLENOTIFY, No Action By User, [15720], [293296],1.0.2988 Data Stream: 0 (No malicious items detected) Folder: 0 (No malicious items detected) File: 0 (No malicious items detected) Physical Sector: 0 (No malicious items detected) (end)
  13. Hello, I run Malwarebytes 3.2.2 Premium on a few XP computers. 3.1 worked fine, but there have been a few glitches with 3.2 (the first, which caused browsers to immediately crash, has apparently been corrected.) The current bug is intermittent, but seems to affect programs in the Protected Applications list. If the glitch occurs, those programs won't open (but they will appear in Task Manager, using ~3,000 KB of memory). Exiting Malwarebytes, manually killing MBAMService.exe and then restarting Malwarebytes corrects the problem, at least until it randomly reappears. This glitch has effected two separate Windows XP (service pack 3) computers. One more thing... I tried to go into the Protected Applications list on one of the systems and turn the slider to "Off." Malwarebytes locked up entirely at that point and I had to exit the program. Thanks for any insight!
Back to top
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.