Reported Insecure Browsing: Navigation Blocked

This constantly happens to me in Firefox, but not IE.

Malwarebytes is clean.

What is causing this?

Here is the text:

Insecure Internet activity. Threat of virus attack

Due to insecure Internet browsing your PC can easily get infected with viruses, worms and trojans without your knowledge, and that can lead to system slowdown, freezes and crashes.

Also insecure Internet activity can result in revealing your personal information.

To get full advanced real-time protection for PC and Internet activity, register Antivirus 2008.

We recommend you to protect your PC now and continue safe Internet browsing.

Click here to get full advanced real-time protection and continue browsing.

Continue to this website unprotected (not recommended).

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.39

Database version: 2421

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

7/29/2009 12:43:10 AM

mbam-log-2009-07-29 (00-43-10).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan

Objects scanned: 108962

Time elapsed: 47 minute(s), 25 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Sounds like you might have something hidden on your system maybe?

Can you remember if you accidentally clicked on something prior to this and therefore may have downloaded something that you shouldn't? Are you getting any fake alerts on your computer? Are you getting any popups?

Please read the following entirely and pay special attention to the items in green.

Scan and post logs - read note at bottom in green

If you're having Malware related issues with your computer that you're unable to resolve.

1. Please read and follow the instructions provided here: I'm infected - What do I do now?
  2. If needed please post your logs in a NEW topic here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs
  3. When posting logs please do not use any Quote, Code, or other tags. Please copy/paste directly into your post and do not attach files unless requested.
  • Please do not post any logs in the General forum. We do not work on any logs posted in the General forum.
  • Please do not install any software or use any removal/scanning tool except for those you're requested to run by the Helper that will assist you.
  • Using these other tools often makes the cleanup task more difficult and time consuming.
  • If you have already submitted for assistance at one of the other support sites on the Internet then you should not post a new log here, you should stay working with the Helper from that site until the issue is resolved.
  • Do not assume you're clean because you don't see something in the logs. Please wait until the person assisting you provides feedback.
  • There are often many others that require assistance as well, so please be patient. If no one has responded within 48 hours then please go ahead and post a request for review
  • NOTE: If for some reason you're unable to run some or any of the tools in the first link, then skip that step and move on to the next one. If you can't even run HijackThis, then just proceed and post a NEW topic as shown in the second link describing your issues and someone will assist you as soon as they can.

Sounds like you might have something hidden on your system maybe?

Can you remember if you accidentally clicked on something prior to this and therefore may have downloaded something that you shouldn't? Are you getting any fake alerts on your computer? Are you getting any popups?

Please read the following entirely and pay special attention to the items in green.

Scan and post logs - read note at bottom in green

If you're having Malware related issues with your computer that you're unable to resolve.

1. Please read and follow the instructions provided here: I'm infected - What do I do now?

2. If needed please post your logs in a NEW topic here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs

3. When posting logs please do not use any Quote, Code, or other tags. Please copy/paste directly into your post and do not attach files unless requested.

• Please do not post any logs in the General forum. We do not work on any logs posted in the General forum.

• Please do not install any software or use any removal/scanning tool except for those you're requested to run by the Helper that will assist you.

• Using these other tools often makes the cleanup task more difficult and time consuming.

• If you have already submitted for assistance at one of the other support sites on the Internet then you should not post a new log here, you should stay working with the Helper from that site until the issue is resolved.

• Do not assume you're clean because you don't see something in the logs. Please wait until the person assisting you provides feedback.

• There are often many others that require assistance as well, so please be patient. If no one has responded within 48 hours then please go ahead and post a request for review

• NOTE: If for some reason you're unable to run some or any of the tools in the first link, then skip that step and move on to the next one. If you can't even run HijackThis, then just proceed and post a NEW topic as shown in the second link describing your issues and someone will assist you as soon as they can.

This has been happening as long as I remember so I don't think I clicked on anything bad. I much prefer Firefox so I'm now just getting around to working on this issue. No popups occur and IE doesn't have this issue. In addtion to malwarebytes, I am running Norton Internet Security 2009.

Thanks,

To get full advanced real-time protection for PC and Internet activity, register Antivirus 2008

Post back with a list of your Security Software please!

If this looks like what you have: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/antivirus-2008

Antivirus 2008 is a rogue anti-malware program. Then try the removal instructions in the above link.

And what version of Firefox do you have, go to the About tab & help should show the version no.

@ lefty1234

Hmm.

So its not a very recent issue then? Maybe there is something going on with your computer then that isn't malware related.

Do your scans come out clean? It is Norton fully up to date?

Edit: I just saw the last post that Yardbird made to you and I totally missed that in your original post, so I apologize. You probably have a rogue on board, and you may have a rootkit or something as well.

If this has been happening for quite a while, then you've potentially been at risk for a while. Is this computer used for banking or anything else that requires entering personal information?

Please follow my directions that I gave you before and post your logs! :)

This has been happening as long as I remember so I don't think I clicked on anything bad. I much prefer Firefox so I'm now just getting around to working on this issue. No popups occur and IE doesn't have this issue. In addtion to malwarebytes, I am running Norton Internet Security 2009.

Thanks,