Lifetime license - on which computer?

I got a question about lifetime licenses. I have a list of license keys, which I purchased over time to install this great piece of software on PCs of my family, friends and partially now ex colleagues.

Unfortunately I only lately started to keep track of the machines, which have gotten which key.

So if an incident happens (disk crash, ransomware infection etc.) and that machine needs to be reinstalled I may end up with not knowing, which key has been associated with that machine.

Could Malwarebytes eventually create a way for customers to get information, on which computer name which combination of license key/ID has been activated the last time and when has been updated last time? Since I do not want to request a support ticket for resetting the wrong license, which is still in use on one of the other PCs I installed in the past and to which I have no longer access. Or make it possible to reuse a key/ID combo, if they have not been active for a certain time frame as it works with product activation of Microsoft products.

Thanks and best greetings from Germany
Olaf

Edited by OlafE

Hello @OlafE:

Reference: Malwarebytes 3.0 User Guide -> Settings -> My Account

From the MB3 GUI/Dashboard, select: Settings -> My Account -> Subscription Details

You will see that the MB3 window now displays that system's "License key:" for your inspection.  Some users use a spreadsheet to keep track of their system's licenses.

Could Malwarebytes eventually create a way for customers to get information, on which computer name which combination of license key/ID has been activated the last time and when has been updated last time? Since I do not want to request a support ticket for resetting the wrong license, which is still in use on one of the other PCs I installed in the past and to which I have no longer access. Or make it possible to reuse a key/ID combo, if they have not been active for a certain time frame as it works with product activation of Microsoft products.

That would be a quite helpful but you may admit, an extremely ambitious undertaking for Malwarebytes Corporation and certainly worthy of opening a topic in the Comments and Suggestions -> Malwarebytes 3.0 sub-forum.  Please also consider that a well thought out automated/scheduled backup system would simplify any catastrophic recovery task.

Thank you.

Edited by 1PW

I know that. But I cannot see this on a machine, which does no longer boot. And some machines from friends/ex colleagues are not in my reach to verify - but those are the people who know much too well, how to reach ME, if their computer is no longer working properly.

(I am one of those IT Pros, who cannot say "No", if I am asked for help.) :P

Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

Sure, but this does not help me to figure out, on which computer I registered which license code. (I have a list of all the keys.) Since I did not keep track on the licenses installed on the first 6 or 7 computers outside of my household, I am lost, if I have to reinstall one of those and then being greeted with exceeded count. Especially since lifetime licenses are no longer available to be purchased again.

(I also believe, that I burned one of those codes, as I used it on one incarnation of Windows to Go, but no longer have an idea, which one it was.)

Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

What if we got the lifetime licenses from somewhere like Newegg,. They were selling lifetime licenses back in 2014. I bought 8, but have no way of knowing what went where. I managed to capture 3 before I realized the procedure. And what makes it worse is every time Windows 10 does a major update, you lose the license.

Edited by tpcr