Laptops shuts down midway through malwarebytes scan plzz HELP ME

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately all of the dumpfiles were old, latest date was 2014. Does your system automatically restart after it crashes, if that happens we do not get blue screen with error codes.

The event viewer logs only show generic data :-

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 09/02/2017 5:14:40 PM
Type: Critical Category: 63
Event: 41 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Such data can mean hardware problem, or it could mean driver problem. Both are hard to identify without upto date minidump files....

Can you check and make the following settings:

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

2. Click Advanced system settings.

3. Click the Advanced tab.

4. In the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings.

5. Click to clear the Automatically restart check box.

Next,

I want you to set up for Clean Boot, that is all none Microsoft Services disabled. Full instructions at the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

When you have restarted in "Clean Boot" run scan with Malwarebytes, lets see if it completes.

Did you make the settings I listed in reply ID 33

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

2. Click Advanced system settings.

3. Click the Advanced tab.

4. In the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings.

5. Click to clear the Automatically restart check box.

The settings are not correct, when the system crashes we should get a minidump file and a BSOD with relevant error codes...

Select start > right click on "Computer" then select "Properties" In the new window select "Advanced System Settings" then select "Advanced Tab" in "Startup and Recovery" section click on "Settings" Amend the new window so it is like the attached image, click ok.

With those settings we should get the info we need after a fresh crash. a) a fresh minidump file and b) a BSOD with all relevant information regarding the crash.

Read at this link: http://www.howtogeek.com/163452/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-blue-screen-of-death/

That is the information we need to see in order to diagnose what is causing the crashes, possibly a driver or even hardware....

minidump.PNG

Thanks for the update, when the crash happens your system should show a BSOD, can you take a picture with a mobile phone, post that picture also in the minidump folder should be a new file, zip and attach it. You will probably have to right click on the file and select copy. Then right click on your desktop and select paste. Then zip up the copy and attach it...

Edited by kevinf80

I did all of the same u told it crashes during malware bytes after making a lot of noise CPU temp shoots up then just shuts down abruptly without showing any BSOD. But then I ran malware bytes and when the laptop started making tremendous noise I paused. Then resumed and again stopped after noise and CPU temp shoot, this way i completed my scan finally. removed some malware too. So, this is the only way to run malware bytes on my computer PAUSE then RESUME.

Malware Scan results.txt